I'm such a moaner!! but my issue with Narnia : the Voyage of the Dawn Treader

I haven't written in sooo long, but i always do when i want to have a moan :) haha

I have a few issues with the film..

My first issue is that it's in 3D! the cinema didn't even give an option of 2D. I don't know why people think cinema is dead.. it's not, and even if it were 3D won't save it. Just because films like Avatar are amazing in 3D does not mean that every film with a little bit of action has to be made in 3D. 3D did nothing for the film, it was flat, boring and wasn't exciting ( even with the 3D).

My second issue with the film is that it was NOT directed by Andrew Adamson! i was exicted cause i thought it was until i saw the credits. I don't understand why Adamson didn't make the 3rd film?! Adamson had created this whole style and Michael Apted (drector of the 3rd film) followed none of it! The first and second film somewhat linked together because of the whole style but the 3rd one did not. It's like the Twilight sagas (easiest comparision) The 3 films were all directed by different people and it was obvious that they were, the first, compared to the other two looks awful on the technicalitie basis (storyline is a different matter haha)

Post comments if you agree or disagree or if you just don't care :)

I'm waiting for the DVD of this one. They were some of my favorite books growing up, and based on my experience watching Prince Caspian, I don't have high expectations for the Dawn Treader.

None-the-less I'll give it a try when I can rent it for free.

Believe it or not, I've never read any of the books, nor have i happened to see the adaptations.

Something i should, perhaps?

Note: I did have a childhood, before you deem me a fool...

Believe it or not, I've never read any of the books, nor have i happened to see the adaptations.

Something i should, perhaps?

Note: I did have a childhood, before you deem me a fool...

Don't feel bad. I haven't read any of these: Harry Potter/ Twilight/ Narnia/ and whatever else there might be out there. I also had a childhood. But I was reading mostly history as a kiddo.

Please don't put Twilight in with those other two series. :P

I used to read the encyclopedia as a kid. My parents thought it was weird, but it's not exactly a bad thing...

The thing about the Narnia books was that there was nothing else like them (that was good) at the time. Not until Potter came along and blew them out of the water.

Don't knock it till you try it, that's all I'm saying. :D

really enjoyed reading your review!! completely agree

Aw, thank you. I'm glad someone did :yes:

As for the Narnia books- I would strongly recommend not reading them as an adult. I'm barely even a proper adult and I reread The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe a few years ago (when I most certainly wasn't an adult) and I couldn't get the shoehorned Christian imagery out of my brain. Not to mention that since Potter we've been spoilt for creative fantasy- they make the idea of talking beavers, horses, wolves...etc seem a little juvenile.

But their simple pleasures, perfect for simple times. If/when I have children it will be these two series (along with maybe some other treats) that I will insist either on them reading for themselves, or reading with me.

But in my opinion they made a mistake with the films by trying to cater to the same audience that the books were back in the '50s. So the storylines have remained simplistic and childish but they've had to throw in all the usual ADHD nonsense that's really spoilt the original magic of the books. Kids aren't the same any more and they had the choice of either darkening the tone slightly or going full out on the CGI adventure. In my opinion they made the wrong decision.

3D is a turnoff for me.. I have no desire to see a flick that makes me wear glasses. Cuz I look soo cool in my shades and I ain't takin them off.

3D looks bad IMO and I do not think all film is going that way yet.. mebbe a bunch of years in the future all movies will be in holographic-supercalifragilisticexpialidocious-duper-techno-ultra-spectrographic-wide ass-3D with an anal probe, hopefully I'll be dead by then, a dinosaur I am

Don't knock it till you try it, that's all I'm saying. :D

That's what I kept telling her, but she wasn't havin' any of it. :P I have nothing against these series. Just isn't my

sort of thing. Plus I was trying to support a fellow indietalker!! Thanks for ruining it. :) :P

I saw it flat. Not a fan of 3D

I loved it! And quite frankly I don't like Apted. He killed the
Bond film he directed. But I thought "Dawn Treader" was
excellent.

Back