• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

I'm stoked :)

Just got a nice blurb from the actor Bill Oberst, Jr. who is slated to play the titular character for my short (7-page) horror script The Silence of Walter Sheltin. I'll be using this when I get the KICKSTARTER page up...

"The actor in me loves to scare people. The kid in me loves to be scared. So when I read Jeff's script for THE SILENCE OF WALTER SHELTIN, I was hooked. It is skin-crawlingly creepy and a little funny and a whole lot of fun (if an axe murder can be said to be fun, and I think I can make it so.) It's the kind of little film that Rod Serling and Richard Matheson might have made on a weekend off from THE TWILIGHT ZONE or NIGHT GALLERY; the kind of nifty, compact horror piece that I would have stayed up late to watch and had delicious nightmares about afterwards. I'm committed to Jeff's vision, and to breathing life into Walter Sheltin." ~ Bill Oberst, Jr.

BillOberstJrbanner.jpg

IMDb
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2454994/

Horror Jobs - radio interview
http://horrorjobs.com/bill-oberst-jr/

We've been back and forth on the phone a few times and he is really a nice guy. Contact came about via craigslist. He posted an ad last year which was more or less "Hey! I love making horror, sci-fi, and thriller movies. Keep me in mind!" I emailed, he replied. Cool guy.

We've also batted around the idea of him playing Mazimus, the main baddie in The Sleeping Deep. He would be absolutely perfect for the part, but we'd need some "deep"pockets to make that happen. For now, we'll see what can be done with the 7-page short.

Thanks for the good vibes, folks. We'll see. You never know. Just gotta put it out there. My goal for 2011 is to throw everything I possibly can in the water then see what sinks and what swims. I'm feeling like this one could swim, or at least do the doggy paddle for a while. :)

As everyone here knows, projects take all sorts of twists and turns, ups and downs before they are done done. I'll definitely keep you updated.

Back