I love filmmaking.

Before I start this I just want to give you guys a quick background. I'm a student, fairly new to filmmaking, extremely ambitious, seriously considering this as a career. That being said I really want to take a minute and just simply state why I love doing this. Not from a director or producer or an actor's point of view, just filmmaking in general. I find the concept of creating something from absolutely nothing is the most beautiful thing possible. The creation of something that can bring forth a wide range of emotion is so extraordinary to me. I'm sitting here in my candle-lit room (I live in New Jersey Irene is raping me) and just got overwhelmed with a wave of emotion and just felt like getting it out here. I just suddenly felt extremely inspired to do nothing in particular but chase my dream. I'm only 16 and I know that tomorrow my dream might be to be a car mechanic or a painter but as of this second my desire to be a filmmaker is something i'm going to pursue and i'm damn proud of that fact. For those of you who took the time to actually read this there's no point that i'm getting at besides the title. There's no right/wrong i'm just putting exactly how I feel in case there's someone who can relate which i'm sure there is. I can't think of a more perfect future than doing what I love.

An inspired filmmaker would be outside right now getting awesome establishing shots for their next film and rewrite the script to incorporate these no-cost high production values!

Good luck.

They say telling someone your goals makes them less likely to happen. As the congratulatory responses trick your brain into thinking you've achieved it.

EDIT: I said it in an informative way. Didn't mean to sound like a dick. Damn internet.

Last edited:
I find the concept of creating something from absolutely nothing is the most beautiful thing possible. The creation of something that can bring forth a wide range of emotion is so extraordinary to me. There's no right/wrong i'm just putting exactly how I feel in case there's someone who can relate which i'm sure there is. I can't think of a more perfect future than doing what I love.

If you think and write like this at 16... I'm impressed!
I totally relate to this, remembering the first time I made the same emotional decision.
Before going down that road, I wanted to watch a countless number of films, reading the same amount of film related books/screenplays (not that it's not helpful), but I wish I just went out there and shot some films.

Good luck, mate!

Coming from a 16 year old:

Go out and shoot!

I just came back from another 24 hours in London, timelapsing! Guess what, I saw a friggin double rainbow! Thats what its all about :)

When I was 17 I used to say I loved skydiving. After I jumped from 14000 feet, and nearly s**t myself, my love quickly disappeared..

Just saying.. ;)

i've been a part of a few but i don't have any of my own productions.YET. Coming soon without a doubt
What are you waiting for? You love filmmaking. Make movies.

When I was 16 I made my first "serious" film. But I had been
making films for several years up to that point. Time to get
going. You should be making at least one movie a month.

right now im working on getting equipment together i'm gonna get started soon

Don't let equipment limit you! Thats the worst excuse, if you say, you couldn't make it better due to limitation of equipment. It might be true sometimes, if you got everything nailed, but not at the beginning!

Back