I have a camera!

Yeah, I've actually contemplated the possibility of not accepting the award, you know, as a sign of protest for how lame the Oscars are. But in the end, I think that's probably not a very good career move. At the very least, you should do one of those video acceptances, or have someone accept on your behalf, cuz your out of country, on assignment, or something.

Sweeeet! Way to use your feminine wiles to your advantage!

As for the firewire, yeah you'll probably need to get a card, but you can get them for like 5 bucks.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...32&cm_re=firewire_card-_-15-124-032-_-Product

Like C Funk said, you don't need to be super technical to install it, it's really plug and play, you'll just need a screwdriver to open your CPU.
Print out these instructions to have by your side when you do it. They are straight-forward and have pictures :)

http://www.directron.com/fireguide.html

Excellent, thanks Dready :)

Hopefully I can get this stuff soon and I'll finally be able to actually film stuff.

Also, how could a woman use her feminine wiles to her disadvantage? :P

Also, how could a woman use her feminine wiles to her disadvantage? :P

britney-spears-crotch.jpg

Since you're low on funds (and probably can't spring for a dedicated external drive):

1) Start cleaning up your harddrive.

2) Each hour of plain DV takes about 14 gigs of space. You can utilise this better by only importing the takes you intend to use, and not bothering with the bad takes.

3) Make sure your harddrive is defragmented before importing large chunks of footage.

Have fun with it. :)

I actually have a 1TB external hard drive. I haven't always been an unemployed student :P
But I shall follow the advice of my elders and delete what isn't needed and defrag regularly

I literally have no idea lol. I know even less about sound than I do about filming. I figured I should probably just get used to using the camera first. Take things one at a time.
What should I do with sound?

I know stuff! I can tie my shoes and make my own breakfast. And I can count to a hundred and spell 5 big words! B-R-E-A-K-F-A-S-T. :P

That is a long article. I shall read it in a minute :)

Back