How to hire a Literary Agent

I am a screenwriter and I have to accept that I need to reach industrial standards if I am to be taken serious. What is the best way to get a literary agent? Do I have to meet him/her in person? Can I work with him/her online? And prices.

Why do I get the feeling, and no offense intended, that I'm reading a lot of excuses and delaying tactics to accomplish the following:

1. avoid doing the work, which will be hard and take a long time to be able to produce something of value. There is no silver bullet/magic wand.
2. push back against the learning and help offered because it's easier to talk about doing something rather than actually do it.

What good is any of this discussion without any action to follow it up? Just more questions, more discussion and apparently no learning and applying it and then rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat and moving forward.

To get the desired outcome is going to require lots of hard work and failure followed by more hard work and failure followed by more hard work and failure that eventually will and should lead to success provided a person learns from their failures and evolves and puts in the work.

I'm still in the keep working and failing but learning and improving so that someday I can get to the "success" stage.

Maybe they are good, but I'm just self-critical. After being rejected so often.
When you believe you have a few excellent, marketable scripts
that an agent can sell, then you can look for one.
Do I have to meet him/her in person? Can I work with him/her online? And prices.
No, you do not have to meet an agent in person. However, we are social
animals and a face to face meeting goes a long way.

Yes you can work with an agent on line.

An agent takes 10% of the sale.

Since you don't have anything to sell yet, you are (as indietalk said) putting
the cart before the horse. But it's always good to know the path to take.

Back