How old/experienced were you when you made your first feature?

Hi guys,

For those of you who have made a feature, I'm curious how old you were and what level of experience you had behind you.

Feel free to elaborate on how long it took you, festival experiences, etc.

I'd be interested to hear about people's experiences.

As for me, I'm 23 and will be shooting my first feature in November. I've made six shorts before this.

I'm finishing up my first feature now, at 22. It's called The Girl From Chungking. Wrote it in a couple of days, held auditions a few weeks later, scouted and secured locations, filmed on weekends, so that it didn't interfere with school. About a dozen people involved in the project. No budget, of course.

It's fair to say it was a learning experience.

It was a big undertaking, started in January, and finally winding down now in summer. Right now, I'm just looking forward for the next one!

I was 23 when I made my first film. I had no previous experience whatsoever, but it was great learning experience for me. The entire process took three months and now I'm selling it on Amazon.

AGE is not as important as training and experience. Ron Howard was just a kid when he
directed "Eat My Dust", but he had been acting since he was 5 years old...

I made my first feature film when I was 37, after working as a professional
News Photographer/Editor for 13 years. I finished the film, but it was a total disaster...

Do you have a good script?...Enough money to finish it?...Actors who will stick with you
when things start to go wrong?

Our films: http://7moviesformidnight.weebly.com

Back