How many have you seen?

Stumbled across a pretty interesting list, put together by Entertainment Weekly -- The 50 Best Movies You've Never Seen.

I thought for sure I would have seen at least half of them. I'm a movie buff and a filmmaker!

Doh. I've only seen ten of them. :blush:

A lot of them look really interesting, and my list of movies I'd like to see has definitely grown.

How many have you seen?

Only two: Devil's Playground and Enter the Void :blush:

Although, to be fair, I've heard of a bunch and had them in my Netflix queue, just haven't watched yet. I added a bunch more that sound good from the list, too. I have only been interested in film for about 4 years, so I think I can be excused, haha.

Only about five.
About another five of those are on my "to do" list.
The rest... meh. If the compiler says they're great, then they gotta be great.

I wonder why we've never seen them.

14 seen, 4 on my queue, and 27 haven't seen.

Seconding the love for Perfect Blue! And Ghost Dog is one of my favorites!

Ghost Dog is great!

I'm also a big fan of Idiocracy, Iron Giant, Rescue Dawn, and especially Moon.

Primer and Orphanage are both highly overrated, in my opinion.

Of those I haven't seen, Box of Moonlight, Bubba Ho Tep, Chuck & Buck, Devil's Playground, Enter the Void, Hachi, and Smiley Face, interest me the most.

I'll check out Perfect Blue, since two of you recommend it. :)

I'd recommend not watching chuck and buck. It is HORRIBLE. Ive seen 17 on that list. Devil's playground is good.

Thirteen

Dont' watch Smiley Face.. bad bad bad

Primer had better have been on that list... filmmaking at it's most basic level... and finest.

Dang, only 3 :D

-Rescue Dawn (Not my absolute favorite, but still extremely good)
-Enter the Void (Love it or hate it)
-Moon (Great! Seriously!)

Layer Cake was on my "To Watch" list, and I'm kinda surprised The Fall wasn't on here (being a mainstream movie site and all), but I haven't even heard of the vast majority of these...

Last edited:
Hard to believe, but true -- I didn't like Pulp Fiction, the first time I saw it. Same is true of Serenity. Sometimes, I think I'm just not in the right mood for a movie, and then I like it on 2nd viewing.

Anyway, based on how many filmmakers are jazzed about Primer, I think I should give it a 2nd chance. I really didn't like it the first time, but maybe I was just in a bad mood.

I've seen 18. Most I thought were mediocre at best.
HATED Wendy and Lucy.
The only one that I really liked was Hachi, which I loved (so did my husband, so not a total girly movie).

Nine.

I watched "MurderBall" when I was working on a doc about amputees from Russia and Chechnya playing on the same soccer team.

"Idiocracy" is wonderfully stupid, a real guilty pleasure.

What an interesting, eclectic list. I've seen 38 of them.

6 of them are movies I really love.

10 here. "24 Hour Party People" the best of the bunch with "Iron Giant" close. "Wendy" is at the bottom.

I HATED the fact you had to click 50 times to see all the films listed. F**k EW for racking up their numbers.

Back