How Many Films Produced? (by year?)

"More shocking though is the dismissive response I've found here, on a forum that one would assume loves all there is about film."

Well... you come into a forum, bringing a grand total of 10 posts, and start implying the other members aren't "film enthusiasts" because they aren't particularly interested in a rather obscure statistic that doesn't really tell you very much about films or the film industry. One that is basically only interesting as trivia, or maybe in conjunction with a LOT of other information. If it's that interesting to you, suggestions have been made as to how you could find out. I (and apparently most of the other regulars) don't find it interesting enough to do the leg work involved to find out, so have at it, and feel free to share the numbers when you arrive at them.

^This times one million. Why do you care? What are you gonna do with the info?

Hey sam did you know holywood produced 10movies a year?
Oh cool

Hey sam did you know holywood produced 100movies a year?
Oh cool

Hey sam did you know holywood produced 1000movies a year?
Oh cool

Hey sam did you know holywood produced 10000movies a year?
Oh cool

Hey sam did you know holywood produced 100000movies a year?
Oh cool

Hey sam did you know holywood produced 1000000movies a year?
Oh cool

Sorry, Gox, but you did set yourself up for this one.

We often get new "members" - your question was your third post - who just want to avoid doing their own research for school projects, hoping that the experienced members of a film forum will do it for them. Your post has the appearance of exactly that.

Regarding our top ten concerns... How many movies get made and by whom doesn't hold a candle to getting our own projects made. Our top concerns center around getting the most out of minimal budgets - cameras, lighting, sound, props and the like. Also about how to work with actors, doing special effects, and dealing with ethical and legal conundrums. We critique each others work, and there are a number of experienced professionals on this site who are very generous of their time and expertise. And unlike other film forums, there is surprisingly little in the way of flaming and negative commentary (as differentiated from constructive criticism).

If you had spent some time lurking you would have found that we are very big on common courtesy. We are also big on doing due diligence; that is, asking a question for which you have had a tough time finding answers, but including in your question where you looked for answers and why you need additional information. "A friend asked you" doesn't have the urgency you seem to apply to the question, and your subsequent heated replies have done little to endear you to the members of this forum.

^This times one million. Why do you care? What are you gonna do with the info?

It's called having knowledge. Plus my friend asked me, it made me curious, so I wanted an answer. I assumed this would be as good (or better) place as any to find out. How wrong I was. :(

Back