how do actors or child celebs make a living after their 15 mins?

Seriously been wondering this for a long time. Some were only in one movie and arent rich but movie is really famous. These people dont have normal jobs. What do people do in LA?

Seriously been wondering this for a long time. Some were only in one movie and arent rich but movie is really famous. These people dont have normal jobs. What do people do in LA?

People in L.A. earn their living the same way people in every other city do.
They are teachers. They are waiters. They are car mechanics. They own stores.
They do, in fact, have normal jobs.

People in L.A. earn their living the same way people in every other city do.
They are teachers. They are waiters. They are car mechanics. They own stores.
They do, in fact, have normal jobs.

ok now we're getting somewhere.. :) but do you know any that know any. are any ex famous people mechanics really?

any ex actors in big movies teachers now? I just dont think so havent heard of it

Cory feldman never worked did he i dont think so.

Linda blair lived off something

I could go on and on but you dont see these people at bobs big boy in la right ? or anywhere else

they dont work again in film is my point

An interesting perspective you have there. There are child actors who have gone on to have careers in film. Take Lindsay Lohan and Drew Barrymore for example.

The simple point is, unless they have a stream of money coming in from royalties or family money, if they want to earn, they need to work. Inside or outside the industry.

Okay, I wasn't be absolutely specific saying that I know for a fact that
people who were in one movie that was really famous is a mechanic.
You were asking a broad generality so I answered with a broad generality.
They all have normal jobs.

Then you mention Feldman - more than 100 credits and still working today.
Linda Blair has more than 50 rolls after "The Exorcist" and is still working
today. They don't exactly fit the example you asked about in your first post.

Many actors who were in a few movies now teach acting here in Los Angeles.
You haven't heard of that because the news isn't much interested in their
story today.

One of my gigs is doing pyro at a local theme park. One of the admins is
the kid from "The Nanny". He started as one of the regular line employees
and has worked his way to an admin job.

They do everything from scrubbing toilets to running corporations and everything in-between. Quite a few do end up in the entertainment industry doing any of the myriad jobs we all know and love - everything from scrubbing toilets to running the studio and everything in-between:lol:. The reason? That's where their contacts are, and they do have entertainment industry experience, after all.

Oh, check out the BTS extras on "A Christmas Story". Zack Ward talks about people recognizing him while he was waiting tables between films; "Hey! You're Scut Farkus!"

Okay, I wasn't be absolutely specific saying that I know for a fact that
people who were in one movie that was really famous is a mechanic.
You were asking a broad generality so I answered with a broad generality.
They all have normal jobs.

Then you mention Feldman - more than 100 credits and still working today.
Linda Blair has more than 50 rolls after "The Exorcist" and is still working
today. They don't exactly fit the example you asked about in your first post.

Many actors who were in a few movies now teach acting here in Los Angeles.
You haven't heard of that because the news isn't much interested in their
story today.

One of my gigs is doing pyro at a local theme park. One of the admins is
the kid from "The Nanny". He started as one of the regular line employees
and has worked his way to an admin job.

i meant people who have been in big movies but never got a role again. These people dont seem to go and get shitty jobs. So i was wondering living in LA and being around do you know any and where they work

They do everything from scrubbing toilets to running corporations and everything in-between. Quite a few do end up in the entertainment industry doing any of the myriad jobs we all know and love - everything from scrubbing toilets to running the studio and everything in-between:lol:. The reason? That's where their contacts are, and they do have entertainment industry experience, after all.

Oh, check out the BTS extras on "A Christmas Story". Zack Ward talks about people recognizing him while he was waiting tables between films; "Hey! You're Scut Farkus!"

they arent scrubbing toilets man get real

An interesting perspective you have there. There are child actors who have gone on to have careers in film. Take Lindsay Lohan and Drew Barrymore for example.

The simple point is, unless they have a stream of money coming in from royalties or family money, if they want to earn, they need to work. Inside or outside the industry.

try reading the question first . how do i ban you. WOrthless

These people dont seem to go and get shitty jobs.

Is this your assumption from your vast knowledge of how the world works?

try reading the question first

Are you one of those, "I once walked to the corner store, now the world owes me" kinda guys. In what fantasy land do you live in where you expect money is just delivered to your door without working?

how do i ban you.

See that button that says ban Sweetie. Go ahead and click on it.

i meant people who have been in big movies but never got a role again.
But then you mention two actors who have had over 60 roles
each. I, too, thought you were asking about people who did
one big movie and never worked again. You're confusing.
These people dont seem to go and get shitty jobs.
Who are you wondering about? Who are "these people"? They
gotta work. And not all of them stay in L.A. Not all of them get
shitty jobs. So who are you asking about?
So i was wondering living in LA and being around do you know any and where they work
I personally know only four. One is a teacher, one is a manager
at a theme park and one got married and raised three great kids
working occasionally as a chef at a B&B. But I know that people
who have been in big movies but never got a role again are working
in regular jobs. I've seen people who have been in big movies
working at movie theaters, banks, Starbucks, delivering pizzas,
security guard at Paramount, teaching. Never cleaning toilets and
I've never run into one at Bob's, but the owner of a great diner I
go to once in a while was in a big movie and never got a role again.

You're phrasing the question as if everyone falls under one umbrella. What do you think they do? Teach, write, act in low budget films, become lawyers. Really, it's contingent upon what they feel is right for them. There is no singular answer to this question, I'm happy to say.

Some might even clean toilets. If they genuinely cant get no acting work, why would that be below them? If times are tough, janitor jobs tend to pay pretty well compared to other low skilled jobs.

Back