Hi there! I'm new and here is my introduction:

I'm a 100% indie but professional producer and editor, located in Berlin, Germany and big fan of the Hollywood of the 90s & 00s. I'm what you would call a film-purist. My debut feature “Noseland”, a music mockumentary w. John Malkovich & Roger Moore, premiered at KVIFF, Karlovy Vary in 2012 – also awarded “Most Entertaining Documentary” in the US the same year. It got me NOMINATED for “BEST EDITING” at IFF Madrid in 2012. I was again nominated for it in 2017 for “Cairo Jazzman”, my second music docu-feature, which premiered at RIFF, Rotterdam in 2017. Currently working on my third cinema documentary about female singers in Iran – to be released in 2020. I also teach DCP-mastering and hold seminars on general filmmaking topics, mostly about the psychology of, for example, making good interviews with complete strangers or the "art of the edit".

Welcome to indietalk.

I've heard the term but I don't know what it means - what is a "film-purist"?

I could look it up but I'm much more interested in what that term means to you - as it defines you.

hey! it means (for me) that i care for film in its purest form. meaning: story, script and handicraft. no cgi or vfx but movies as an artform of creating worlds. does this answer your question? p.s. howdy to you too

Back