Hey Hi And Howdy

Just a girl looking for a group who likes to make stuff other people might want to watch.
I have a little bit of experience with the whole film making gig. I graduated from college in 2008 with a Communications degree that was basically a film/theater production degree without that blasted acting requirement. I've done work on several short films both for school and for the 48H Film Project. I spent about two years working for a PBS affiliate before having my first kiddo and now I have been "out of the loop" for the past 6 months.

I just moved to Colorado Springs and discovered, much to my chagrin, that the film and tv biz in the area is near nonexistent. I figured I'd look for some like-minded individuals on the internets since it's looking like I may wind up being the film industry out here. :P

I am extremely interested in Documentary film making and would love to work on something out here so if any of you nice people know of anything going on out here feel free to PM me. If not, I suppose I'd better get to writing something.
Cheers!

~spidey

Hi :)

Maybe do a documentary on Colorado's MMJ goldrush? That's the first thing that springs to mind, happenin' out there.

Hi :)

Maybe do a documentary on Colorado's MMJ goldrush? That's the first thing that springs to mind, happenin' out there.

Haha, that's not a half bad idea.

Personally I was thinking of doing something on our failing and archaic local government who decided to stop offering city services that the taxpayers have already forked over the dough for, but MJ might be a more universally appealing idea. :P

~spidey

welcome.

Something funny I do with new locations.. I google for "<location> secret underground facility" it always returns something crazy.. which for location= Colorado Springs I get this..

The multi-level facility at Dulce is reported to have a central HUB which is controlled by base security. The security level goes up as one descends to lower levels. Thomas had an ULTRA-7 clearance. He knew of seven sub-levels, but there may have been more. Most of the aliens supposedly are on levels 5, 6 and 7 with alien housing on level 5. The only sign in English was over the tube shuttle station hallway which read "to Los Alamos." Connections go from Dulce to the Page, Arizona facility, then onto an underground base below Area 51 in Nevada. Tube shuttles go to and from Dulce to facilities below Taos, N.M.; Datil, N.M.; Colorado Springs, Colorado; Creed, Colorado; Sandia' then on to Carlsbad, New Mexico.

Talk about a wacky idea for a docu!

Welcome. I'm in Hollywood and can answer (almost) any question you have about sound. Wheatgrinder can vouch for that (*wink*).

My google is much more exciting to base a doc on:

In-state undergraduate students at the University of Colorado will pay 7 percent to 9 percent more in tuition.

The multi-level facility at Dulce is reported to have a central HUB which is controlled by base security. The security level goes up as one descends to lower levels. Thomas had an ULTRA-7 clearance. He knew of seven sub-levels, but there may have been more. Most of the aliens supposedly are on levels 5, 6 and 7 with alien housing on level 5. The only sign in English was over the tube shuttle station hallway which read "to Los Alamos." Connections go from Dulce to the Page, Arizona facility, then onto an underground base below Area 51 in Nevada. Tube shuttles go to and from Dulce to facilities below Taos, N.M.; Datil, N.M.; Colorado Springs, Colorado; Creed, Colorado; Sandia' then on to Carlsbad, New Mexico.

That would also make a neat "End of Days" sort of Sci Fi flick. And with 2012 approaching we can just never have too many of those. :)

Thanks for the warm welcome all!

Back