Help A Filmmaker Win $25,000

Ok, so I entered this contest on Ideas Happen. Basically in this contest, you are to come up with an idea for a product or service. The winners get $25,000.

So I entered my idea of a Re-sealable Vacuum Seal Bag, which is basically a ziplock bag with a plastic one-way air valve, so you can seal your bag, then push all the air out. This last week, my idea jumped from the 10,000s to #7!!!! So as of now(10/31), I'm ranked #7 out of over 19,000 entries. But since I'm ranked higher, more people are voting on it, and my likeability rating has dropped from 81% to 33%....meaning, I'm probably gonna drop out of the top ten.

So I'm asking for your help. If I win the contest, I plan on getting a computer system of that I can edit shorts on. So if you want to help a filmmaker out, please take the time to vote for me.

http://ideashappen.msn.com/Entries/Default.aspx?id=33648

Thanks!

Last edited:
Good idea! I voted for it, and entered my own product, a scaled down reverse bicycle pump that attaches to the ziploc. Apparently I'm beating you. :)

indietalk said:
I voted for it, and entered my own product, a scaled down reverse bicycle pump that attaches to the ziploc. Apparently I'm beating you. :)
:idea: .... I smell an accessory line....

Thanks for all the support guys and gals!

Last edited:
Does it matter if those already exist?

CommanderGoat said:
:idea: .... I smell an accessory line....

Thanks for all the support guys and gals!

Dude...

Don't want to screw the idea up for you but we had bags like that in the Navy... So they already exist. But not a consumer version I guess.

Good luck with it...

filmy

FilmJumper said:
Don't want to screw the idea up for you but we had bags like that in the Navy...

Damn! The same thing happend with the idea I had for a submarine that runs on nuclear power....

So were the bags just like that? How were they used?

RE: Bags...

CommanderGoat said:
Damn! The same thing happend with the idea I had for a submarine that runs on nuclear power....

So were the bags just like that? How were they used?

I thought about it a little more... These are definitely MilSpec bags but the idea is similar. We had numerous sized bags with a bladder and valve. All you had to do was adjust the valve and pump the bladder to get all the air out of the bag thus vacuum sealing whatever you needed to seal... We used them to keep things from getting wet. These bags also had a zip-pull on them so you could instantly tear the bag apart if needed.

But they came in pretty small sizes up to a couple of feet long and wide. They were similar to those bags they sell on television that you suck all the air out with a vacuum cleaner... LOL --except that you didn't need a vacuum.

We had several cruise boxes on our helicopters and everything inside was in these bags...

filmy

Will Vincent said:
There already is a consumer version of these... it's called the "Space Bag"

Yeah, my bag looks similar to the Space bag, but the space bag is not for food and the bags are huge. But I guess it's the same idea.... :grumpy: Mine is just a small version that's meant to store food and doesn't require a vacuum cleaner. I guess I can argue it's a different product.

Did I mention you can vote more that once? :D

You know I am pretty sure that the campaign finance reform bill included a provision that states (I paraphrase here) "all really bad election jokes shall be band in the 48 hours preceeding an election day. any person(s) violating this ban shall be 'gitmoed."

Back