Help A Filmmaker Win $25,000

You know.. to be on the serious side for a moment. The concept of this bag is pretty cool at first.. but Im thinking of the sanitary issues here. How could you clean these bags out to be reused if you're storing raw pork or chicken or whatever.

Not as easy to clean. I suppose once you cut them open to be emptied you would just place them open side face down in the dishwasher and let them be sterilized. But then the heat would probubly reseal the bag.

-discuss.

Will Vincent said:
not if it was heat resistant plastic. :)

LOL.. but thats how the bags work. The reason I posted this was because 15 years ago, around the time these things started to come out. My wife and I (We got married around that time) was at the local county fair. and some guy was selling them. They were expensive back then. Like 300 bucks is what we paid. Luckily the company was in San Francisco near my wifes work.. so we could always get bags.

But anyways, We tried to recylce the bags. it clearly stated not to wash bags in hot water. it will start to seal up or will cause damage to the seals chemical structure.

TMI but those bags dont make good for reusing. So I wouldnt see the purpose of a quick release valve or a hole to vacume out of. Since you have it set up to slip your items in there and seal it shut.

But I voted for you just for the effort , itself.

Now Go Vote :D kidding poke.

Back