Hello, CG guy here

Hey Indietalk people,

I'm J.W, and im looking to switch from digital art for games to visual fx for film.
Currently i'm still wrapping up my portfolio (still working on some matte paintings), but expect a promotional post in a few days :)

Iv been browsing this forum for a few days now (I prefer to always be a bit prepared), and from what iv seen here this forum is filled with nice short films, which most of you shot / edited yourself on a low budget.
Which brings me to my point, how much of you actually use CG in your films?

If you dont, would you like to, but is there a specific reason that holds you back?
And if you do, do you create the cg inhouse, or outsource it?

Will do, I still need to get most of the film stuff in, so far its only game art. So not that intresting.
Ill send you a link to my promotion post & portfolio once im ready.

Great. Thanks. I look forward to it.

I've also been looking for digital artists who work with flash or html5. This is for a website launching soon.

Incase you have experience in that, let me know and we can discuss the project details, payment etc and see if we can work with each other.

I do basic visual effects at the moment. I do compositing and I'm starting to learn 3D at the moment. When I do vfx for my films, I usually just do it myself.

Great. Thanks. I look forward to it.

I've also been looking for digital artists who work with flash or html5. This is for a website launching soon.

Incase you have experience in that, let me know and we can discuss the project details, payment etc and see if we can work with each other.

I had to take a HTML class in high school, but im afraid im not going to be of much help there now, havent touched it in ages, sorry.

I do basic visual effects at the moment. I do compositing and I'm starting to learn 3D at the moment. When I do vfx for my films, I usually just do it myself.

Okay I see that compositing and editing is well known here, what software do you use for your 3D?

Back