Hate Likes?

I can't help but laugh at all of this. I watched the episode too but never thought it would explode and go viral like it has. Reddit is abuzz with it too. People have snagged the domain "amysbakingcompany" and redirected it to a petition to have Amy committed :D

And her responses have been pretty psychotic to the whole thing. There's only so much you can do in editing before someone's crazy shines on through no matter what. She's a diamond, that's for sure.

I know.. seems like a ploy to drive attention to the FB page or something... they cant be that crazy.. can they?

Well, apparently the likes have come from the far right, religiosity crowd who are defending her because of all her God ranting.

EDIT: Oops, thought I was editing my original post and can't delete this one.

I dunno, they're up to 32,000 likes now. All the offending posts have been deleted and they're claiming it was a hacker "posting all those awful things".

Is it true that there isn't such thing as bad publicity?

No - I liked the page because I wanted to see where it ended up, and that's the easiest way to do it. It's roughly the equivalent to subscribing to an rss feed or a forum thread.

Well, apparently the likes have come from the far right, religiosity crowd who are defending her because of all her God ranting.

EDIT: Oops, thought I was editing my original post and can't delete this one.

how on earth did you arrive at this bigoted conclusion?

how on earth did you arrive at this bigoted conclusion?

How on earth did you pass third-grade English?

Try rereading what I wrote and then looking up the word 'bigoted' in the dictionary. Think about it a little (which would be more than you've thought about it so far) and then reply.

I'll wait while you figure it out.

How on earth did you pass third-grade English?

Try rereading what I wrote and then looking up the word 'bigoted' in the dictionary. Think about it a little (which would be more than you've thought about it so far) and then reply.

I'll wait while you figure it out.

Dude, you very blatantly insulted a very large group of people, and that was completely unwarranted. You shouldn't be surprised if someone reacts negatively.

Anyway, let's try and keep this thread from looking like Amy's FB page. Yeah, the "like" thing, as IDOM mentioned, is simply a way of subscribing.

I'll tell you what -- if these guys are still in business when I eventually make my cross-country road trip, I'm would at least consider making a detour to see this train wreck. But I suspect they'll be out of business pretty soon. I don't know how you recover from the revelation that you're stealing tips from servers.

By the way, I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one here who watches Ramsay. I don't typically see new episodes, but I've caught quite a few on netflix. And they aren't all so wretched like this one; occasionally they're kinda heart-warming. :blush:

Dude, you very blatantly insulted a very large group of people, and that was completely unwarranted.
No, I didn't. If you bothered to comprehend what I wrote instead of reacting to it, you'd understand why that wasn't the case. But then, your lack of understanding and flying off the handle using your ignorance as justification was the reason why I had you on ignore. I regret taking you off of it.

But I was insulted by being called a bigot. People really should learn what that word means before using it.

You shouldn't be surprised if someone reacts negatively.
You're right, I shouldn't be surprised when people react based on emotion rather than reason. Maybe I should be burned at the stake?

Okay, I think we can all agree that the owners of Amy's Bakery have come off as a horrible people, both in the television show, and in their own actions on FB. When you suggested that all of the FB "likes" were coming from religious people and right-wingers, in a show of support for them, you were making a very negative association with the religious and right-wingers. You very plainly alluded to all right-wingers and religious people as sharing similar values with these crazy restaurant owners. That's insulting.

Both wheat and I are well educated. We both know the meaning of "bigot". Feel free to put me back on ignore.

When you suggested that all of the FB "likes" were coming from religious people and right-wingers, in a show of support for them, you were making a very negative association with the religious and right-wingers. You very plainly alluded to all right-wingers and religious people as sharing similar values with these crazy restaurant owners. That's insulting.
Since everyone seems to have trouble comprehending basic English, I'll explain it to you:

...apparently...
If you still don't get it, then I'll just give up 'cause there's no hope of me ever managing to convince you or other's that you're wrong and came to a faulty conclusion based on misinterpreted semantics of language.

Both wheat and I are well educated. We both know the meaning of "bigot".
And yet you both managed to use it improperly and by inference of continuing to use it to refer to me, continue to use it improperly.

I don't expect either of you, or anyone else that agrees with you, to use reason or logic to reevaluate your positions and nor do I expect the humility that would be required to offer me an apology. I fully expect you and others to bunker down in ignorance and rhetoric convinced that you're more intelligent and educated than myself and therefore right. Prove me wrong, please, it would be a welcome change from what I've come to expect from people like yourself.

You sound like Vanilla Ice, when he tried to explain how "Ice Ice Baby" is technically a different beat from "Under Pressure". It's that extra little "ting" that makes it different.

Yes, I do know the meaning of the word "apparently". I'm not entirely convinced that you do. Your inclusion of that word does not negate all that comes after it.

Maybe people want to keep it in their feed to follow the drama. Like doesn't always literally mean like.

People arguing on the internet about people arguing on the internet.

I'm off to type google into google just to see what gives... :)

Don't! I have it on good authority that will break the internet....which is currently being stored in Big Ben, of course.

Back