Has anyone here made cash off of youtube

Some people are making six figures from it. It all depends. Just make sure that nothing on your channel has copyrighted material in any way. Otherwise youtube will reject the 'partnership.'

As I understand it works just like google adsense, you get a payment for either impressions or clicks. I see no reason why you shouldn't do it.

Good luck and let me know how it works out for you :)

I'm new to the forums so you may just overlook what I have to say but I can tell you that for Youtube to email you and ask permission is actually a really big deal. Partnership is harder than it seems and nearly impossible unless you have 300k subscribers or more. Now, while the money you may make will not be much, money is still money in my opinion. I wouldn't also really worry about a major company such as Youtube. When they send you an email it's almost always legit. That being said, it's up to you whether you want ads placed on your videos or not. One of my friends declined their offer because he found that the ad pop-ups annoying and felt it not worth the effort since in the end, he's not making a whole lot.

As far as people making over 100k off youtube, no one outside of those individuals and youtube managers know how much they have made. A news article that was published a little over a month and a half ago (I think CNN but not sure exactly) reported several youtubers making not 100k but upwards of 300k off their videos. Now, the estimate was actually way off and while no one except youtube really knows the formula for ad revenue, no one can accurately predict how much someone may or may not make on ad revenue. Just an example, accounts such as KevJumba who's sub account Jumbafund has a lot of views and subscribers, he's only made (and donated) 2-4k a month. And that's with millions of hits.

As far as people making over 100k off youtube, no one outside of those individuals and youtube managers know how much they have made. A news article that was published a little over a month and a half ago (I think CNN but not sure exactly) reported several youtubers making not 100k but upwards of 300k off their videos. Now, the estimate was actually way off and while no one except youtube really knows the formula for ad revenue, no one can accurately predict how much someone may or may not make on ad revenue. Just an example, accounts such as KevJumba who's sub account Jumbafund has a lot of views and subscribers, he's only made (and donated) 2-4k a month. And that's with millions of hits.

No one besides youtube managers and those individuals know how much they made? What about the IRS? IIRC, the article I read was citing their reported taxes.

I read an article once about how some youtubers do indeed make six figures. Im guessing its people like Nat on the community channel who have a big following. The article also stressed how hard it was to get a deal with youtube. You needed consistent hits and subscribers, which means new and consistently good material that ppl will keep coming back for.

I dont think you can lose any money by trying so why not go ahead with the deal and see what happens. At best you make some money from it, at worst you get some experience with youtube and share it with us :)

No one besides youtube managers and those individuals know how much they made? What about the IRS? IIRC, the article I read was citing their reported taxes.

Well I guess any tax person would know how much they've made aswell. As for the article I read, there was mention of a citing report of their taxes yet no prove or images to back up their claim. Now, whether you want to trust the people behind the camera or not, almost every youtuber who was mentioned in that article denied making even close to the amount mentioned. Now I'm not sure if the IRS is allowed to publicize individuals tax records or not and if they can, I would think that's a drastic invasion of privacy.

Back