Got my FD 17mm f4... meh..

I think so too. Nice color rendition, seems nice and crisp. I'd say it's a winner. I think FD lenses are a bargain (for GH2 shooters) because not working on the EOS cameras makes them less sought after. I see them in pawn shops all the time where I virtually never see and M42 or EOS mount.

Audio in the first one is terrible. ;)

Looks decent.
I'm having difficulty getting a handle on it's focusing capabilities, though.
There was a thin one in the first with what looks like some distortion in the outer areas.
The whole of the second seemed just a wee out of focus.

I dunno.
Insufficient information.

yeah, focus feels funny.. I was gunning solo so I had to guess for focus, I brought my focus chart on a stand today, so Ill hit that same location on the way home tonight.. do some more tests..

I'm uploading a few more from yesterday.. just for giggles..

I think so too. Nice color rendition, seems nice and crisp. I'd say it's a winner. I think FD lenses are a bargain (for GH2 shooters) because not working on the EOS cameras makes them less sought after. I see them in pawn shops all the time where I virtually never see and M42 or EOS mount.

check my ebay, i have several m42 mounts up for sale right now.. just sayin.. ;)

There is a little CA (chromatic aberration) near the edges in the right conditions. I think my zenitar 16mm f2.8 is sharper, but it IS fisheye looking.. this canon lens seems rather rectilinear (it was sold as such anyway) .

Last edited:
WHEATGRINDER,

I have taught you well, my son.

The motion picture you shared on this thread looks just fine,

But I have ingrained in your head the fact that:

"ALL FOOTAGE LOOKS LIKE DOG $&%& UNTIL YOU MARRY IT UP WITH PROPER SOUND DESIGN"

It's okay - this is progress. Just look at it as progress... You are just experiencing the fact that your footage has horrible sound and that's why it looks bad to you. The footage is fine - it's your professional ear Alcove and I have nurtured that is tainting it.

bwahahahahahaha :)

Last edited:
so show me how its done big fella?
Download your favorite of my test and add sound design.. yeah, I dare ya!

gestalt will be forthcoming once I have integrated the look of the lens into the zeitgeist that is "wheatgrinder"

Back