movies Fun movies and nothing more

I just picked up the DVD Snow Monster VS Ice Shark .. I never heard of this movie. Never read a review, but with a title like that, it's got to be fun!! and if it isn't, well, their marketing worked, I bought it..

download.jpg

It reminds me that a movie doesn't have to be deep or have a social message to be good. Fun is its own virtue.

Last edited:
I'm actually really looking forward to Cocaine Bear.

Agreed on everything above. Fun is a good enough reason to watch a movie. I feel like that logic is what rocketed Sam Rami to stardom.

I just saw this video game trailer today, that gives me some hope that there are people out there who get this side of the artform.

Who wakes up in the morning and says, "Let's get Danny Trejo, Chuck Norris, Danny Glover, Kim Bassinger, and Micheals Rooker AND Madsen together in a room with Vanilla Ice and just see what happens"

It's unfortunate that they missed Billy Drago. After watching so many 80s films, I just expect to see Billy Drago get shot at the end of every movie.

My puppy died from eating a bunch of caffeine pills.
Nothing fun about a poor animal ODing on drugs, at least not to me - if you like real stories you know what really happened? The bear felt really sick, got scared and then died. It wasn't fun. ODing is not fun.

For me a fun movie is like.. the fifth element. Total nonsense sci-fi that is still enjoyable.

if you like real stories you know what really happened? The bear felt really sick, got scared and then died. It wasn't fun. ODing is not fun.

My post was a joke, but you didn't get it. I actually don't seek out movies based on real stories, because they usually bore me, because I'm a sci-fi/horror junkie. I had already watched the COCAINE BEAR trailer, and had it on my radar. I just recently heard that it was "loosely" inspired by an actual event and was surprised by that. My joke was - I had moved on from Snow Monster movies to more mature fare. Then I said, COCAINE BEAR, like it was a piece of art. The joke being, that movie is probably no better than SNOW MONSTER VERSUS ICE SHARK, which I want to see also. I hate explaining a joke...

10 months ago, I was as shocked as anyone when your dog died, and I was the first to respond when you mentioned it. I've reminded my mom and my wife to keep our German Shepherds away from chocolate, because of your post.

I'm still going to see the bear movie, because it obviously has little resemblance to the news story, and I enjoy animal amok movies.

My post was a joke, but you didn't get it. I actually don't seek out movies based on real stories, because they usually bore me, because I'm a sci-fi/horror junkie. I had already watched the COCAINE BEAR trailer, and had it on my radar. I just recently heard that it was "loosely" inspired by an actual event and was surprised by that. My joke was - I had moved on from Snow Monster movies to more mature fare. Then I said, COCAINE BEAR, like it was a piece of art. The joke being, that movie is probably no better than SNOW MONSTER VERSUS ICE SHARK, which I want to see also. I hate explaining a joke...

10 months ago, I was as shocked as anyone when your dog died, and I was the first to respond when you mentioned it. I've reminded my mom and my wife to keep our German Shepherds away from chocolate, because of your post.

I'm still going to see the bear movie, because it obviously has little resemblance to the news story, and I enjoy animal amok movies.

Yeah it did fly over my head, thanks for the explanation.
I think Elizabeth Banks did a great job directing pitch perfect 2 - I haven't seen her other work but I can see the appeal of a bear 'monster' movie and i expect Banks will deliver on her 3rd feature film.

I still think about Zap everyday, not in a good way.
I did such a great job taking care of Vladimir for nearly 11 years and then Zap only made it with me 11 months.

Said goodbye to two dogs in two years, glad you're being careful with your Shepherds.
Chocolate actually isn't so toxic for dogs as they make it out to be, but it's good to keep dilligent.

I think Elizabeth Banks did a great job directing pitch perfect 2 - I haven't seen her other work but I can see the appeal of a bear 'monster' movie and i expect Banks will deliver on her 3rd feature film.
Yeah, I find it interesting that she directs, and that it's one of Ray Liotta's last roles.

Said goodbye to two dogs in two years, glad you're being careful with your Shepherds.

After you posted that, I was really concerned and got a little paranoid. My previous dog, Ash, was 13 when he passed. It really tore me up.

I had a pet rabbit when I was a kid. Our family sat down at the dinner table and I told my mom I hadn't seen Fluffy all day and ask where he was. She said never mind, eat your stew.

Last edited:
The Room was a fun movie though it wasn't intended to be.. It was suppose to be a serious drama. That's what makes it so fun. It went beyond bad and into the world of "are they kidding?"

Enter The Dragon Starring Bruce Lee is a fun film. The absurdity of it plus Bruce Lee's incredible skill as a martial artist made for a fine blend guaranteed to keep your interest. The stereotype of the black guy, Williams. The martial artists in the background who obviously did not know martial arts. John Saxon playing a skilled martial artist who could barely lift his foot more than 12 inches off the ground. Bolo the brute who apparently only knows one word; "GA!". I saw this film in the theater when it first came out in the early 70s and it continues to be just as enjoyable today as it was when I first saw it at the early age of 8.

ZibxfT.gif

Back