• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Free Ideas Thread

Free ideas, post em take em love em

Ill start:

A woman has a psychic experience foretelling a school bus crash, however, her own child is on a waiting list for a heart transplant!

Next?

A deranged clown wreaked havoc on a city eight years ago, but now, he's gone and to never be mentioned again, regardless of the fact that he's still among the living.

Oh wait, I just saw that movie. :D

True... would be quite a creepy night, if you hear whispers, but can't find where they're coming from

There you go, you've already got an opening scene... noooooow write it.

I'm never going to write it. Maybe make it like taxi driver. Or, uh, if it's a girl, the baby sitter. lol, or is that a cliche.

There you go, you've already got an opening scene... noooooow write it.

I'm never going to write it. Maybe make it like taxi driver. Or, uh, if it's a girl, the baby sitter. lol, or is that a cliche.

yeah, it seems like a cliche. The title could be: "When A Stranger Calls... FROM YOUR HEAD!!!"

Better than some lame teen comedy: "When A Stranger Calls You Daddy"

Maybe a member of a family. A swim instructor. I dunno.

I think you'd have to decide who their potential victim/s would be. Or imagined victims. I don't have anything on it. Sorry, I haven't even really passed on an idea, just a fear factor.

I've got nuthin. Empty. Blank. Nobody home.

How about a documentary about making a documentary that's about making documentaries that are about documentaries?

It'll be like Inception!

Only interesting.

Here's one I started earlier, but feel free to use the idea, it's based on actual events that happened to me earlier today.

A man and his two small children go to a fast food joint before going to the grocery store. Shortly after they get to the store and begin filling their cart, the man's stomach starts to churn. Knowing he can't use the toilet at the store with two small kids, it becomes a race against time to get his groceries and get home before messing his trousers.

Some potential problems that arise, one lane being open for 50 people trying to pay. Morbidly obese people in motorized carts blocking the aisles. Kids going crazy and getting in to everything. Woman flirting with the man as he tries to play off the rumbling in his stomach....

Here's one I started earlier, but feel free to use the idea, it's based on actual events that happened to me earlier today.

A man and his two small children go to a fast food joint before going to the grocery store. Shortly after they get to the store and begin filling their cart, the man's stomach starts to churn. Knowing he can't use the toilet at the store with two small kids, it becomes a race against time to get his groceries and get home before messing his trousers.

Some potential problems that arise, one lane being open for 50 people trying to pay. Morbidly obese people in motorized carts blocking the aisles. Kids going crazy and getting in to everything. Woman flirting with the man as he tries to play off the rumbling in his stomach....

Starring Kevin James

Starring Jason Statham as the father.
Kevin James as kid #1.
Pauly Shore as kid #2.
Kristen Wiig as the baby.

FWIW, I've pooped plenty of times at the grocery store w/ three small kids in the shopping cart in the handicap bathroom stall - no problems.
This story's premise needs a little work.

Starring Jason Statham as the father.
Kevin James as kid #1.
Pauly Shore as kid #2.
Kristen Wiig as the baby.

FWIW, I've pooped plenty of times at the grocery store w/ three small kids in the shopping cart in the handicap bathroom stall - no problems.
This story's premise needs a little work.

Chronic ulcers lead to a long time on the can for me. I'm not a speed pooper. My kindle stays in the bathroom for a reason.

Chronic ulcers lead to a long time on the can for me. I'm not a speed pooper. My kindle stays in the bathroom for a reason.
Night & day, water and stone,
Tortoise & hare, flesh & bone.

When I mean to work, I work.
When I mean to play, I play.
When I mean to sleep, I sleep.
When I mean to perform any task it is done in earnest.

rocketbaby.jpg

once hungry special forces of aliens flying on the space and one plane of them down to Afghanistan. while thaleban terrorists seen this and move there. after that aliens kill all terrorist copy appearance and change status to humans. then they are checking everything Deseret.finally they wants catch our planet but they don't know how.oh forgot to say there are 7 aliens with different powers. ??

At once blasts shell rocket near of them...hehe they are impressed and find who attacked them. finally they found its owned by afganisthan army. so aliens attacked afganistan army and win but 2 aliens killed by delta force team, so aliens back to their plane and re make aliens dead bodies and re born them. then aliens decided attack to all special forces in the world. delta force, usa seals and many,

who will be won?

this idea recommended for tv series

now your time......

Comedy: two friends place a bet against each other on a mutual 'ugly', socially-awkward friend getting laid by the end of the school year. Fast-forward to the a month or two 'till end of the year, they've both forgotten about it, but when they both remember, the friend who bet in favour of the 'nerd' getting laid realises he needs to take matters into his own hands and turn his friend into a stud, without alerting him to the bet and hurting his feelings.
....with hilarious outcomes!!

Fantasy : slowly, people all over the world start manifesting psychic powers. At first it's really low powered, but slowly it start ramping up in abilities. How does the world react?

Sci-fi : Ai's are beginning to develop sentience. How does the world react? are we following a person fighting against rogue ai's who slowly comes around to working on freeing the ai's? Or are we going on a war against the rogue ai's who want to dominate the world? Or do they just want freedom?

Had these ideas in my head for a while but never really developed them further, all horror/thrillers..........

1. A small team of bank robbers target a seemingly everyday bank. Their plan is undone however when they realise the bank and its employees are already being held hostage by one mysterious figure who has set traps inside the bank itself.

2. Three men wake up inside a bank, having no recollection of the previous 24 hours. Surrounded by a heavy police presence and with several apparent hostages, they must piece together the events of the past 24 hours before its too late.

3. A man wakes up in a pitch black room with no recollection how he got there or where he is. With only the light from his signal-less cellphone he must piece together clues found within the room to escape its mysery.

4. Two men wake up in segregated chambers side by side. Both chambers start filling with water. Over the course of 90 minutes both men must work together to escape a certain watery death.

A slacker finds a radio-active bag of weed. He smokes it and becomes...WEEDMAN!

Powers: Floats (can't fly yet). Hightened senses. Insatiable appetite...for fighting crime. Extra dimensional travel. A noxious smelling musk aimed at his attacker.

Weakness: Coffee.

Back