• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

FREE IDEA (the best movie ever)

How about a riff off of the Tenacious D song "The best song ever"

Its a movie ABOUT the best movie ever.. (as opposed to BEING the best movie ever)
Could be a fun mocumentary, or a serious expose.. you decide..

Strange... Yes. Sad... a little. Intriguing to the point that I couldn't turn it off... Absolutely. There is so little in the scene that you created yet I couldn't stop watching. The script was great and the emotion was portrayed very well. I don't know why I liked it as much as I did but it was great. Keep them coming.

Strange... Yes. Sad... a little. Intriguing to the point that I couldn't turn it off... Absolutely. There is so little in the scene that you created yet I couldn't stop watching. The script was great and the emotion was portrayed very well. I don't know why I liked it as much as I did but it was great. Keep them coming.

Thanks!
Truth is I spent about an hour setting up the lights, positioning the camera etc.. so what ever it is you see (and don't see), you are seeing it (and not seeing it!) on purpose :) lol

I assumed that was case. You definitely did a great job with the framing and the lights. You and I joined the boards around the same time I think, and I've only seen good things from you and you keep getting better. Bravo indeed.

Sorry, I wasn't fishing for praise (well, maybe a little:))

Id like to redo it, with a more campy feel, but there is something bizarrely magnetic and almost believable, about this take.. its funny, last year I would not even have CONTEMPLATED sitting in front of a camera making a complete fool of myself.. the fact that I can even try to do so is due to the support and challenges offered in this forum..and it is WAY more fun that I could have imagined!

I'll film the scene of the cloaked figure finding the film cannister in the woods. (S)he'll either walk into a movie theater with it, or else start projecting it on the side of a building for all the world to see. I can't decide :P

It can be the spooky opening while the credits play...

excellence idea dreadylock, plays along with a X-files-ish sub plot rattling around in my head..

The best movie ever was actually released several years ago, but due to the potential industry killing impact, and with Hollywood wielding gargantuan influence in politics, a large intergovernmental cover up was instigated. Even the NAME of the movie was stricken from history.. owing to the fact that even the NAME of the best movie ever, was so good that people would stop at nothing, including rioting in the streets, to see it. I suppose we must consider the ties to the JFK "assassination" .. it comes to light that JFK was reading an early version of the script while in the motorcade, when his mind just blew! The assassination was the cover story!:cool:

I suppose we must consider the ties to the JFK "assassination" .. it comes to light that JFK was reading an early version of the script while in the motorcade, when his mind just blew! The assassination was the cover story!:cool:

INTERVIEWEE

If you look closely we can see his head move back and to the left as he reads the script.

;)

Theater, definitely!

in cinematic mode..
As the opening credits roll, she finds the film canister, and begins moving towards the theater...

we cut to documentary stuff and eventual find out..

that the cloaked figure is the original producer of the documentary we are watching.. she has gotten so caught up in it, and has uncovered the hiding place of the ONLY remaining fragment of the only known copy of the film..

more docu stuff..

the cloaked figure storms the theater, waving a gun.. and tries to make everyone watch it..

but how does it end.. :D

the theater is full of children.. all ages.. the fragment of the movie plays..

the last shot is of the school buses parked behind the theater.. wait for it..

Each bus has in large letters.. "Saint Catherines School For the Blind!"

whew..

On further consideration, maybe its better to START in docu mode and move into cinematic mode.. rather than bouncing between the two.. whadayall think?

Last edited:
id say start in docu mode first so its easy for everyone to film and submit their clips.

btw wheatgrinder, ive had a similar about blind ppl watching something for a short of mine. i just wrote it down a few months ago and who knows maybe one day ill film it. freaked me out to read u were thinking of a similar ending! it could all be explained ofcourse if u were a mindreader...hmmm....

Yes, smooth transition from one form to the other seems like it would flow better....

maybe Dreadylocks gave us the transition point.. the producer never finishes the documentary, and we go off on the cinematic crazy train as she becomes more and more obsessed with finding the rumored lost reel.. after the final cinematic ending, we return to the docu form for the summation.. (just like District 9)

I pulled the idea out of the ether..so it MUST be from your ether sniffing days.. ;)

I got an idea for my bit. It will be a kid doing a "documentary" for school asking random folks in their houses what they thought of the movie critics claim to be "the best movie ever" He interviews one kid he is off camera while the kid is infront of the camera answering a few questions.

the theater is full of children.. all ages.. the fragment of the movie plays..

the last shot is of the school buses parked behind the theater.. wait for it..

Each bus has in large letters.. "Saint Catherines School For the Blind!"

whew..

On further consideration, maybe its better to START in docu mode and move into cinematic mode.. rather than bouncing between the two.. whadayall think?

I agree starting in documentary mode is better than jumping but I also agree with ending it in documentary as well.

Here's my bit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-O03Q0WOkY

Last edited:
I think if we can get some stock footage of people crammed outside theatre, all trying to get in to see the show, would be neat.

Kinda like Beatlemania, people crying, screaming in hordes.

Doc:"The scene was unbelievable...it was a film that would changed the landscape of filmmaking-if filmmaking could ever catch up....":lol:

Back