hollywood Francis Ford Coppola Will Throw in Signed ‘The Conversation’ Script if You Buy $800 of His Wine

indienews

Staff Member
Admin
Listen up, oenophiles and cinephiles alike. Director Francis Ford Coppola has a special gift to send your way if you buy $800 of vino from his Coppola wine label. The package, as advertised on Coppola’s website, will include 24 bottles of his Director’s Cut wine, along with a first-edition, signed screenplay of his Oscar-nominated 1974 thriller “The Conversation.” Those who purchase “The Conversation” package will also receive an invitation to a live, online, intimate conversation with Francis Ford Coppola later this summer, along with a digital code from Lionsgate that can be redeemed to download the film via Apple, Google, Vudu, or FandangoNow.

According to Coppola’s website, “Each bottle of Director’s Cut pays homage to the history of filmmaking with its wraparound label designed after a Zoetrope strip, one of the earliest moving picture devices. These particular strips are exact replicas from Francis’s personal Zoetrope collection.” The wines are sourced from Sonoma. The set includes bottles of his Cinema and Technicolor wines, plus bottles of Cabernet Sauvignon, Zinfandel, Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, and Sauvignon Blanc.

Released in 1974, “The Conversation” arrived two years after “The Godfather” and marked Coppola’s return to smaller-scale filmmaking. Casting Gene Hackman as an agoraphobic surveillance expert who thinks he’s tapped into a possible crime, Coppola drew inspiration from Michelangelo Antonioni’s explosive 1966 mod masterpiece “Blowup” for the movie’s themes, ambiguity, and nimble sound design. Coppola finished the script before the Watergate scandal, which involved the same wire-tapping and surveillance equipment used in the movie. “The Conversation” went on to win the Palme d’Or at the Cannes Film Festival, and three Academy Award nominations including Best Picture, Best Original Screenplay, and Best Sound.

Coppola hasn’t released a narrative feature since 2011’s “Twixt,” though he unveiled his experimental film project “Distant Vision” in 2016. Last year, while accepting a lifetime achievement award at the Lumière Festival in Lyon, France, Coppola made headlines for his remarks about the Marvel Cinematic Universe as being “despicable,” which he then had to clarify to say that what he meant is such movies lack risk.

Head over to Francis Ford Coppola’s website for details on “The Conversation” wine package.

Seriously? That flick is awesome, they pretty much make you watch it in film school.

Seriously? That flick is awesome, they pretty much make you watch it in film school.
IMDb has FIFTEEN times more ratings for The Godfather

I’m saying -how much more of a conversation piece is that!! To have a signed godfather script or apocalypse now script on your wall 99% of society can make remarks on those . Not just ppl from film school

You gotta buy more wine then dude.

In 1975 it was a nominee for best original screenplay (they same year The Godfather Part II won for best adapted)... it is also a highly unique screenplay. A signed copy would be very cool.

Fun fact... "The Conversation" is used as the example script throughout the book Film Scheduling by Ralph S. Singleton to teach how to breakdown and schedule a film. I learned budgets and boards in film school with "The Conversation" as my guide.

He grew up on The Bieber, not The Beatles so..... :rofl:

neither actually I’m 37 born in 83
so I was like 25 and listening to incubus when justin beiber became famous.

definitely was not in my mid twenties listening to a little teenage boy singing to me lol.
I grew up with the power rangers tv show haha

Goldar-Power-Rangers.jpg

Apparently I need to watch this movie tho

Last edited:
Well I watched the film and TBH I dont think it withstood the test of time.
A lot of people have warm fuzzy feelings about films just because of the time in their life when they watched them... but that is a sentimental value.

If you look at it objectively as a modern citizen.. some of the scenes appear downright silly for what we take for granted.
Gathering everyone around at a spy convention for the cutting edge announcement of .. get this.. you can listen to people through their idle telephone! LOL.

All in all I thought it was an okay movie. I stand behind what I said that it is not in the same category as films like apocalypse now.
And I think that is for good reason! Because I really enjoyed the film "The Lives of Others" much more if you want to watch an evesdropping flick.

And from a technical filmmaking perspective I got more from watching The Color Purple.
in purple there was even a scene with a triple cross cut... three different sequences all being shown at once I have never encountered that before to my knowledge. usually its just two sequences being cut together. not three.

Last edited:
You actually watched it? Now I feel bad we trolled you into it! :rofl:

You actually watched it? Now I feel bad we trolled you into it! :rofl:

In 2005 my friends went to a movie and let me pick, but I hadn't done any research or anything.
I saw Matt Damon and Heather Ledger were costarring together in a movie thought this is probably the best one.

The Brothers Grimm.
FIFTEEN YEARS LATER and it will still get brought up how bad of a movie it was that i picked.

Back