• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch First Poptent Submission - Breyer's Ice Cream Commercial

I lol'd so hard at that awkward wink from Uncle Steve. :lol:

Some mismatched sound; inadequate lighting for the group outside. :hmm:

The concept itself is pretty good, with room for a gag (which you snuck in at the end). Good attempt. :)

How much time do you get to make these?

actors bail the day of the shoot and an actor actually leave from set

Clearly you did not have enough delicious Breyer's icecream on set.
smiley_colbert.gif

This was all done in about two weeks. I felt really rushed actually, I had one more shot planned out but couldn't lock down the location. As far as the lighting for the outdoor shot and sound issues, I totally agree.

I think for most of the poptent contests you get about a month. :P

thanks for your thoughts!

I do plan on trying to get some more entries made!

I found another website called Tongal that I like as well. It has phases, and you can win a budget to produce your video. The way its set up you don't have to make a video unless you're going to get paid.

Poptent will help with my reel though!

This was all done in about two weeks. I felt really rushed actually, I had one more shot planned out but couldn't lock down the location. As far as the lighting for the outdoor shot and sound issues, I totally agree.

I think for most of the poptent contests you get about a month. :P

thanks for your thoughts!

Don't feel too bad if you're not completely happy. I just finished uploading something. I'm so unhappy with it, I kept it 'private.' You can't get everything you want all the time. But at least yours has a type of humor I liked. I myself would like to be Uncle Steve for some Bryers right now.

Edit: Thanks for mentioning Tongal. I'm checking it out right now.

Last edited:
The technical issues have been pretty much covered by the posts above.

I thought it was a pretty good idea and i could definitely see something like that on TV. It just needed to be executed better in terms of the aforementioned technical issues, pacing and more captivating camera angles and composition.

Overall i think you're heading strongly in the right direction and with some improvements you'll get your spot picked up in the future.

Back