• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch First film -- One Minute Film Contest

Just made my first film. Had a lot of fun and made it in 12 hours for the Christian Filmmakers Holiday Contest.

Take a look and give feedback if you can. Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag6gwTAgj30

Bravo, Overall GREAT short. One thing you could have done better is the voiceovers for the parents. Also, their were creative oppurtunities that would have been risky, but if done right would made this film look like its from LA. Other than that great short, great idea! Keep filming!

Noone gets away with making a film that leaves me a little moisty-eyed. Noone, I say!
smiley_fist.gif

If that's your first film... yowza, you'll be doin' fine. :cool:

I agree with Digi's note about the v/o (kinda flat), but there's really not much else to add.

Congrats! :cheers:

p.s. Credits indicate this was a family effort. What was your role in the production?

Also, their were creative oppurtunities that would have been risky, but if done right would made this film look like its from LA.

Do you have a couple of examples that would have been good opportunities for this film?

I don't have any film training/experience so future improvements are possible because of awesome, helpful people like yourself!

Thanks again!

Well done short. My only gripe is the VO (which has been said already).

The camera work is nice, and the overall composition is tight...good job.

Well, I watched the short over, and the only thing I saw that might have been good was some focus trick sych as when the girl smiles, get the pic focused on and switcch to her when she looks up to smile. One other thing was that I saw that a lot of the same shots were being used. This wasn't bad, but since you supposedly was in charge, you had the creative license to change up the frame a little.

Coming to think of it, It's a great film and my ideas are just personal preference so if they aren't YOU then don't change yourself just because a 13 year old is trying to look cool on a forum commenting on a grown mans vid.

Thanks, DigiRoots

Nice job, you managed to pull off a live zoom without over doing it and making it look terrible! Pretty impressive stuff for a first time – keep it up!

What a brilliant short. I love the colour on B/W effect, the camera work, lighting and editing were all of top notch standard. On top of all that, the girls acting was flawless! Keep up the wonderful work.
Pete Middleton

If that was your first, I'd say pretty good job.

As others said, I didn't like the V.O.
I did not like the music either. At all.

Everything else was great. I'm a traditionalist myself, so I like basic filming
with the camera staying in one place. Not a lot of trick shots, etc.

So I liked the camera work.

I would have made the black and white a little more "contrastie" (I love making up terms), and not crazy about the out of focus choice, but overall well done.

I can't stop crying.
That hit me Really Really Hard.
I'm almost afraid to watch anything else you make.

Please don't stop making movies.

Back