Film Project Investment: Anyone with ideas?

Good Day,

My name is Charles Connor.
I am a Client Investment Consultant and i am new on this forum.

I have noticed that movie investors seem to be dwindling by the day.
No one seems to want to invest in movies anymore unless it has Hollywood potentials,where does this leave independent film makers?

As a consultant with access to numerous investment portfolio for future movie projects, i am here to network with seasoned professionals who would consider further talks on how to fund their movies.

I dont believe that we should allow only only well known names to dominate the industry, we should give room for upcoming talents as well, afterall the already popular industry members started as unpopular back in their days before they could win the appeal of movie watchers such as myself.

What do you think?

Charles Connor
Email: clientinvestmentreps@hotmail.com

charles_connor
I dont believe that we should allow only only well known names to dominate the industry, we should give room for upcoming talents as well

100% sure that every one will agree with your statment. The young blood has lot of potential. And We must not allow the big names to dominate the Industry.

So i want to know suppose if some one wants to get financed, specially in any other country like (especially) Pakistan what is the criteria? No doubt some experience of the filmmaker will be an important element but apart from that what are the other elements to full fill your criteria?

I have a LOT of thoughts on this. Too many to write here.

“We” allow the well known names to dominate the industry when we
pay money to see their product. And “we” allow the well known
names to dominate the industry when we don’t spend money on
movies that independent producer make.

The investors invest to make money. It’s rare to find an investor
willing to invest in a film that has little market potential. To
invest money simply to give room for upcoming talents.

I agree with you Charles. We shouldn’t allow only well well known
names to dominate the industry. That’s why I pay to see movies
made by writers, producers and directors I don’t know starring
actors I’ve never heard of.

Do you have anything other than a free HotMail account where I can
contact you?

hi, isn't the key to any costing of a film are the locations..keeping it simple, then decent actors, and a very good film crew and film editors, so even for a small budget film which hopes to make money from it....( hope no, a MUST)....to be able to move onto a more elaborate film. Any investor has to know that Films are a gamble! many an expensive film has Bombed !

Warning

Though no one is allowed to give a comment about some one with out any proofs but i had contacted this invesment portfolio guy. And soon i was contacted . He said he has amount 4 million Pounds or dollars which he wants to transfer in my account from UK because its not safe there and there is a threat of terrorists. So i can transfer the money into my account and than his client will come to Pakistan and get it. But for that i will have to open an account in UK bank and i will have to spend my own money for that.

Now it feels stupid to have so many silly things. I can point few

Pakistan at the moment is more a threat and targeted place of terrorists in comparison to UK then why an idiot person will transfer his money here from UK.

He said in UK his client's money has threats. Now how his money can be safe in Pakistan which is at the moment the most dangerous place in the whole world?

Another question is that if he had to transfer the money what is the need that i should open an account in UK bank? he can directly transfer the money in my account.

These type of bluff games have been played by many people in Pakistan too from African countries. They say they have funds which they want to transfer in Pakistan and will give 30 or 40 % of it (and so was i offered a 40% by this man) and people from Pakistan just have to pay for banking charges and those banking charges in actual are the money which these frauds are looking for because the bank names they suggests are fake.

So i will advise STAY AWAY from him

Last edited:
Yeah i get that kind of shit in my emails, some African person saying that they're the daughter/son of a millionaire whos been assassinated and they have to transfer the momey to a UK bank account and that you can have 10% blah blah blah.

You are right Motorstorm it was same sort of story :D

I also get plenty of emails like that daily. And i tell them "ok i am ready to do this and i work for ISI (PAKISTAN ARMY INTELLIGENCE) and then no one replies back" :D

Yeah actually I've just recently joined the British Territorial army and hope to get a job in intelligence whilst at college, but anyway its just annoying its the same story every time with these emails, one email had a forged Natwest document attached which i took to my local bank to alert them of the fraud

I dont believe that we should allow only only well known names to dominate the industry, we should give room for upcoming talents as well....

Scam or no scam, this poster has raised a really interesting topic that I am sure everyone has already made up their minds about.

I, for one, am absolutley sick of the majority of mainstream Hollywood productions that are being created at the present time. :grumpy:

I also think that while extremely risky at times, casting major roles to realtively unheard of actors can actually be the pivotal point which decides whether the film is a flop or a success. Now with so much money riding on this risky gamble, it's no wonder that Hollywood plays it safe and has Johnny Depp on speed dial.

It should be pointed out that some films have actually revived the careers of once forgotten reputations of actors and actresses by taking the chance and casting them as major (if not the lead) roles. Examples quickly springing to mind are John Travolta and Pam Grier in Quenetin Tarantino's works that resulted in worldwide admiration for the two.

Even Sergio Leone took a chance that would later become the best decision he ever made. In the 1960's, he couldnt afford to cast Charles Bronson in his films so he resorted to a young Clint Eastwood instead, catapulting the young actor to stardom by making him the face of badass spaghetti westerns. :cool:

directorik said:
“We” allow the well known names to dominate the industry when we
pay money to see their product. And “we” allow the well known
names to dominate the industry when we don’t spend money on
movies that independent producer make.

I completely agree and this is the sad truth. To throw in A-list actors is a form of advertising. I know of so many people that will run to the cinema the moment they hear the latest opening of films contains Seth Rogan or Zac Efron. :weird: *shudders*
However, you'll usually see me breaking a sweat to get tickets to a film I know nothing about but is directed by someone I really admire.

When it comes to movies, some people are all about the money. And some people are all about the art.

(p.s: I have no idea why some of my random words are blue and underlined. sorry)

(p.s: I have no idea why some of my random words are blue and underlined. sorry)

That's auto-generated advertising links, matching up to somehow-relevent words. Non & basic members get to suffer through that. (One of the benefits of paid membership is a majority of ads go away)

It looked like a scam or a faker but I didn't want to say anything. The name Charles Connor is such a stereotypical rich name... Exactly the one that a low level scammer would pick. Haha.

Hi, guys, great thread here. I might make another one about what I'm going to say, but I'll see what everyone thinks. its probably a stupid idea anyway. I've thought a lot about how Hollywood dominates the movie industry and indie filmmakers are lost in the crowd. And then i thought would it be possible to make a massive collaboration if you will, between members of this site. I don't know how many members we have, but online at the moment there are 391 people. I'm sure if everyone gathered all there resources they could make a great film, which might actually get noticed. But it could also be the worst thing since "Zombie Nation". please don't hold back if you want to tell me that ideas terrible. i probably should have asked in a different thread now i think about it. sorry for the rambling

It looked like a scam or a faker but I didn't want to say anything. The name Charles Connor is such a stereotypical rich name... Exactly the one that a low level scammer would pick. Haha.
Well...

He made five posts two years ago and never returned. So perhaps
he wasn't serious about investing.
I've thought a lot about how Hollywood dominates the movie industry and indie filmmakers are lost in the crowd. And then i thought would it be possible to make a massive collaboration if you will, between members of this site.
pebblesdundee, there are currently two projects looking for collaborators.
You could join one of them or start your own. You're right, attempting
to find out if people are interested by posting at the bottom of a two year
old thread isn't the best way to generate interest.

Back