announcement Film Jobs

indietalk

IndieTalk Founder
Staff Member
Admin
Question for you. If you were able to fill out an online resume that was viewable to those those seeking crew, what information would you like to add to the resume? Please list the basics as well as out of the box ideas. Name, mobile number, education, experience, embedding a trailer...
Thanks!

PS. Not for this site, so don't worry about personal info on your forum page. ;)
More like a hot jobs site, for films.

Name
Contact Info
Biography
Education/Training
Filmography
Awards & Recognition
Interests/Hobbies/Special Skills

Cool. Any more feedback?

Optional items:

Equipment lists/rate card
Availability calendar

And something indefinable that makes this hypothetical site more appealing to use than the plethora of tools available to achieve similar goals. It has to be better than media match or mandy, but more targeted than linkedin, have the clean design of an about.me page, but more informative, and so on.

Most importantly, it has to have traffic. Without that, it's just another page. You might want to solicit ideas as to what would draw those who are hiring to browse through the site. How does this hypothetical site draw potential employers away from the LA411 or the NorCal Reel Directory, for example.

Thanks. Equipment/Kit is one thing I overlooked!

It will be a very clean site. Consider it more like a craigslist (clean homepage), but once logged in very robust!

The ability to have multiple resumes or profiles depending on how people are searched. For instance perhaps one person is both a DP and a Gaffer and different resumes would better reflect one skill set over the other.

Allow linking between resumes such in a DP resume could include link that says "also available as a Gaffer" that links to gaffer resume/profile and one that says "also available as a stunt coordinator" that links to stunt coordinator resume/profile

If I were an employer looking for crew I would not want to wade through all the skills and software and history that isn't relevant to the position I'm willing to fill when first looking at candidates.

just a few random thoughts

some how the ability to link or add youtube and vimeo with out any complicated rules and regulations...
also do not forget the area county,state,country ect you want to work in.

The ability to have multiple resumes or profiles depending on how people are searched. For instance perhaps one person is both a DP and a Gaffer and different resumes would better reflect one skill set over the other.

Allow linking between resumes such in a DP resume could include link that says "also available as a Gaffer" that links to gaffer resume/profile and one that says "also available as a stunt coordinator" that links to stunt coordinator resume/profile

If I were an employer looking for crew I would not want to wade through all the skills and software and history that isn't relevant to the position I'm willing to fill when first looking at candidates.

just a few random thoughts

I really like this idea.

I would like a way to list "accomplishments/experience" that may not necessarily be related to education or training or even filmography.

For instance, a writer might list books or magazines where she has been published and her estimated readership/fan base. An actor might include that he does all the PR work for Sony is frequently used for public presentations of various projects because he is good on stage.

I suppose this sort of thing would be included in the biography, but I feel like most readers skip the biography to look at the easier-to-read lists.

I also think a lot of people are trying to be good at one thing when they are actually better at something else - and listing their experiences/accomplishments will reveal that to the insightful producer.

JMO,
Eloquence

If it's a site that should work on an international level, I think that it should be categorized that way.

Also, perhaps add a feedback feature. So people who worked together through the site can leave feedback regarding each other.

Back