Does anyone know if YouTube counts

Does anyone know if YouTube counts all hits of viewers, including those that watch through a placed URL (or download) on other Internet sites (such as IndieTalk.com)? Or does the count of viewers remain separate -- the URL verses the direct-to-YouTube viewer). I hope that I am asking this question right. I am trying to track hits of 'views' on YouTube (experimenting for future projects) with a variety of content on different web sites. Thanks.

Yup, if you click on the "insight" button on your video's page while logged in, you'll get stats on where all of your views came from and even what pages embedded it and how many views on each different page.

It's pretty cool!

Yup, if you click on the "insight" button on your video's page while logged in, you'll get stats on where all of your views came from and even what pages embedded it and how many views on each different page.

It's pretty cool!

Beat me to it.

It is really fun to see where your videos pop up. It's silly but I'm always a little proud when a news article embeds one of my videos. :)

Yeah haha. Our latest video had a crazy turnout. We put it on vimeo and didn't really tell a soul, we just have a vimeo to have one and we push Youtube. Well, some Russian social network picked up on it and it got more views than what we pushed haha!

Look at your YT Stats, an icon next to the VIEW COUNTS....or close by it. Its on the lower right side, just under the video.

It will tell you from which URL the viewers came from or watched from. It will give you from which country the views came from. It gives you graphs and charts.

Does anyone know if YouTube counts all hits of viewers, including those that watch through a placed URL (or download) on other Internet sites (such as IndieTalk.com)? Or does the count of viewers remain separate -- the URL verses the direct-to-YouTube viewer). I hope that I am asking this question right. I am trying to track hits of 'views' on YouTube (experimenting for future projects) with a variety of content on different web sites. Thanks.

Back