Dirty Confession

I'm also a (alightly reluctant) CeltX user... I was under the impression that almost everyone (expect the super rich who can afford Final Draft) was using her...

Have you guys tried Adobe Story?

It's still in Beta, but I love it. I can (live) work with my writer in different buildings and make notes and go back and forth and what not. Of course Celtx may as well, I've just never used it. Story integrates nicely with the rest of the Adobe suite as well.

Edit:
Oh, and Story is free right now. May just be while it's in Beta it's free, but I haven't heard any news.

I use Final Draft, but I was at a friend's house the other day waiting for him to finish up editing a wedding and I decided to jump on his laptop and write a short that I'd been kicking around in my head. He didn't have final draft so it was nice to be able to download and install celtx for free and be writing in a matter of minutes.

So one big advantage of celtx is that you can use it anywhere, even when you're on someone else's computer.

PaulGriffith - that looks interesting. Is it only online interface though? Can you download an internet independed software?

Lefecious - I copied Cletx on my thumbdrive, and its always with me. Its awesome.

I wrote my feature on Page2Script. It's pretty lame. I guess I can't complain, seeing as how it's free, but I wish I would've known about Celtx.

PaulGriffith - that looks interesting. Is it only online interface though? Can you download an internet independed software?

It uses the Adobe Air engine, but it runs off your hard drive. If you run it offline, the next time it connects it syncs the scripts with the newest copy. If you're the originator of the script, even if someone else that you invited works on it at the same time, it'll highlight the changes and you can approve or reject them.

Me likes it. I have yet to try this, but apparently you can feed premiere (CS5) the script form story and it'll analyze the audio and show you on the timeline where each word is said. Makes cutting super easy.

Me likes it. I have yet to try this, but apparently you can feed premiere (CS5) the script form story and it'll analyze the audio and show you on the timeline where each word is said. Makes cutting super easy.

Freakin skynet at it again.. man I got to put these cyborgs down ONCE AND FOR ALL! .. Come with me if you want to live..

Back