movies Desperately looking for this film

Hello, this has got to be one of the toughest, if not THE toughest movie to identify and name. I posted the question on another forum, and have not as yet, found success. People have tried, and made some good suggestions. But no cigar. It would mean a lot to get the answer!
Okay, I only saw a segment of the movie. It involves individuals with different powers entering a building with the idea of carrying out a task, what that task is I cannot say. The "powers" are given by their weaponry and suits, not any superhuman or non-natural power. And all the characters have different capabilities. It certainly involved violence, because I distinctly remember two of the entrants to the building( probably a high rise) being either dead or badly injured, likely near death. And the last of the super-weaponed guys had just killed the preceding one! You can see why identifying the 'task' is difficult! Hmmm, was it some kind of 'game' where the characters test their suits and arms against each other, the winner having to face an even more deadly opponent? Possibly, but all the action is in the hallways of a building, not in a boxing ring or colosseum!
It is not a futuristic movie, it looks present day
The movie is *very* grainy, if colours had to be identified, it would be yellow, silver and black. The dialogue is muted, not loud. The characters seem to move in a slow, semi-animated way, though the movie is certainly live-action. The violence and action is understated, a bit of it is displayed, but it's more the aftermath of the violence that we see. No prolonged fight scenes.
It's not a Hollywood movie for certain. It looked low budget, it could have been an alternative film or a European or other country film or some kind of collaboration.
And I can say what is it not, having seen whole or parts of the following: Smokin Aces, The Cube, The Fifth Element, Sin City, Watchmen, Leon the professional, Dredd or Equilibrium.
There are no famous actors in the movie. The language is English, but cannot say whether it was dubbed or not.
It was shown on a Canadian channel prime time years ago, maybe 2013. Just thought of something, could it have been Canadian. Unlikely, but not out of the question.
Would greatly appreciate someone solving this puzzle, or some more intelligent guesses!

I will give a reward if someone can find this.

Last edited:
Were these people wearing armor and helmets, or were their faces exposed? Were the characters all men? Some women? Old, young, caucasian, black, asian? Pistols, rifles, scopes, overhead displays? Is the building shot up and in ruins (kind of like GAMER), or is it largely unscathed?

Armour and helmet, but the helmet blends in with the armour, the faces are almost all covered. It's not an army helmet. Characters all men in the 15-20 minute I viewed. Looked all caucasian going by the small amount of skin that is visible. Pretty sure not pistols or rifles. Weapons may have built into the armoured suit. Building largely unscathed.may have built into the armoured suit

Maybe one of these:
  • Mutant Chronicles (2008)
  • Hardware (1990)
  • Avalon (2001)
  • The Tournament (2009)
  • Beyond the Black Rainbow (2010)
  • The Divide (2011)
  • Tetsuo: The Iron Man (1989)
  • Code 46 (2003)
  • Verses (2000)
  • Naked Weapon (2002)
  • Renaissance (2006)