Deathworld: Mansion Video

If there are any without carpet, I actually prefer without.

Does someone have a tendency towards drinking in bed? Late night projectile vomiting, perhaps?

:lol:

Nah, I'm with you. When I apartment hunt, any places with carpet get chucked off the list. (though I'd probably forgive a little carpeting in this house)

It's not just that the nearest store is two miles away. It's everything. Everything is more spread out, in CA, especially way out in the sticks (like Los Banos is). What are you gonna do, when you just need to get away from the rest of the dudes in the house? You're not going to want to depend on others to get around, because you'll end up spending almost ALL your time in the house.

I fully intend to get a car as soon as we actually start getting paid on a regular basis. As I understand it now, we have no guarantee of income. Given that I'm already going to be taking a paycut if we end up getting the projected income I'd rather cut my monthly expenses to a minimum until that projected income becomes reality.

I fully intend to get a car as soon as we actually start getting paid on a regular basis. As I understand it now, we have no guarantee of income. Given that I'm already going to be taking a paycut if we end up getting the projected income I'd rather cut my monthly expenses to a minimum until that projected income becomes reality.

I'll personally drive you around some if I don't have to sell my car. I believe at least half if not most of the guys are bringing cars.

Cracker is right though, things are a little spread out there, and transportation is less optional than it would be in an urban sprawl like I currently live in.

I've got 2 decent jobs on the hook for us already, and a possible sponsorship. So we will at least have some opportunities to make money almost right off the bat. In addition Rob and I will be proactively working to secure contracts for us and more importantly investment for us.

I won't kid you, this could be a rough ride at first. The standard business model is to borrow enough startup capitol to run with losses for 18 months without going under. We'll have 3 months tops unless we get some investment. The good side of this is that our survival minimum is quite low. To just stay afloat would only require an income of about a grand per person per month. So if we can land both contracts I've got set up for us, and perhaps the sponsorship, that number might immediately drop to 400. So the question becomes, could you make 400 a month? One wedding job for 2 days would cover all of us in that scenario. By the time that month had passed, we've had another 30 days to secure more recurring jobs, investment, and sponsorship.

Not only that, but we stand a better than average chance of success, as our forte is media production. We can turn in applications for contracts like no one has ever seen before. We also have equipment rentals backing us up to some degree, and my projections show 25k of spendable income from just the epic rentals this year.

Overall, I think of it like this, all the 8 of us have to do is make the salary of one normal person in this area, and we're up and running. We make the salary of 2 people and we're profiting. Once profiting, it's a countdown to the day one of the investors we approach says yes. At that point, we've won phase 1.

On a positive note, Graham and I make a collective minimum of 5k a month, not counting rentals. We will have your back, but please come in ready to work hard.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to the DEATHWORLD: Cleaning Duties thread. :)

This really will be like The Real "Indie" World reality show. Someone please document all of this. Perfect as a standalone web series or BTS material.

NATE: Cracker! Who took a dump and didn't flush?
CRACKER: Why do you always ask me that? Why not ask Wheat?
WHEAT: Because I shit in the backyard is why.
CRACKER: (beat) Oh.
NATE: Wh... you shit in the backyard?
WHEAT: Hey, that's how we roll in my neck of the woods. Deal with it.

Nate and Cracker stare at each other for a few seconds. It's real quiet.

CRACKER: Thanks Wheat. All this time I thought I was cleaning up after my dogs.

Now... who's getting this on tape? ;)

mansions apparently come with maid service.

Good to know. Was going to recommend someone I know up in that area (excellent maid services) but since you're all set you're all set!

sexy_maid_lingerie_set_b20915.jpg

On that note I thought I would make myself known with you guys.
(um) yeah nice pic Dude, I'll be here to help organize and field questions and try to take some of the pressure off Nate.
I do look forward to meeting you all and getting to know everyone here in the forum that I seemed to have missed until now.

You can find me on #twitter and FaceBook as @streamingindie
Glad to meet you all and... who exactly has this girl's number?

We need to nail down the money issues now, as we have the mansion.

I need everyone coming in to send in their $1400 by October 15. The landlords have been extremely generous in their terms, and made things easy for us, so please help me make their jobs easier as well. They turned down a family with cash up front that was willing to do a year lease to give us a month to month with an extended deposit period. So the least we can do is get them their money on time.

As long as each of you pays your entry cash, I've got the rest of the $19,000 move in cost covered at this time.

It would be great if you could each bring some extra money for food, and if possible have your second months rent ($700) with you as well, since it may take some time to get everything together and start recieving payment for jobs, or investment. My experience has been that payment for jobs does not typically happen instantly, and so we should try to give ourselves as much margin as possible, to counterbalance things like 45 day delays on corporate payments.

Below each of you needs to list what amount you are coming in with, and the expected date of delivery. That's what I need to do our financial planning.

Beyond that, we're good to go, with 2 good job opportunities right off the bat.

We need to nail down the money issues now, as we have the mansion.

I need everyone coming in to send in their $1400 by October 15. The landlords have been extremely generous in their terms, and made things easy for us, so please help me make their jobs easier as well. They turned down a family with cash up front that was willing to do a year lease to give us a month to month with an extended deposit period. So the least we can do is get them their money on time.

As long as each of you pays your entry cash, I've got the rest of the $19,000 move in cost covered at this time.

It would be great if you could each bring some extra money for food, and if possible have your second months rent ($700) with you as well, since it may take some time to get everything together and start recieving payment for jobs, or investment. My experience has been that payment for jobs does not typically happen instantly, and so we should try to give ourselves as much margin as possible, to counterbalance things like 45 day delays on corporate payments.

Below each of you needs to list what amount you are coming in with, and the expected date of delivery. That's what I need to do our financial planning.

Beyond that, we're good to go, with 2 good job opportunities right off the bat.

Wow, so we're actually doing this! Nate, I'm impressed with your ability to get shit done. Great job, man! I'm at work, so can't type much, but figured I should let you know that oct. 14 is perfect for me - I'll have my share.

Well?

With the days counting down, I really need to hear from the rest of you as well. Sin, Dave, Zen, Justin, etc. I'm going out on a limb here to secure us the greatest imaginable house, so don't leave me hanging here. The sooner I get commitments on dates and amounts the better.

To answer your other question (how much I'll be bringing), I don't want to post specific amounts on a public website, but when I get there in January, I'll have enough personal survival-money, including rent, to last a few months.

Also, even before you posted this, I had already considered the possibility that we might not have immediate income, from our filmmaking endeavors, so I'm prepared to get a job-job, in the meanwhile.

Hey, I just realized I had missed out on updates on this thread. I've been working two jobs simultaneously so I've really only been checking Indietalk via my smartphone. You'll definitely have my money my the 15th, I'll send you an e-mail either tonight or tomorrow with more details.

Great to Hear Sin, thanks for checking in. The house is fully secured and we are ready to move in near the end of October

@all We'd like to accelerate the move in process as much as possible. If you've already discussed an earliest time with me that's fine, no rush. But for those who can come earlier, we'd like to have as much of the crew as possible there by Nov 5. Previously I had talked about a settling in period where we didn't have to get up to speed the first few weeks, but that period has essentially been cancelled due to a need to raise money more quickly.

So we will be beginning work within a few days of arrival, as soon as our systems are online.

@ public, 1 internal slot has opened up and I'm again accepting applications via the number at the end of the video in the op of this thread.

Back