Currently in Production... (what are you all up to now?)

Thanks!!!

Thanks alot for offering me a drink!!....O wait i can't drink yet. My bad. Maybe you could buy me a soda sometime....ahaha jk!

currently in post production for my first feature film : heads or tails. been a long road- almost a year on it now since we started piecing it together. i have 2 teasers at www.foolmartyr.com . filmed it on panasonic ag-dvx100 cameras.

Any more updates from people currently in production? My project is going ok! At the moment I'm doing the first week of it... which is teaching a bunch of guys cinematography and cinematic motion! All fun... the second week they all help shoot my film... much more fun!

Radical.

If I meet any of you of course we can go to a watering hole to talk about it!

Well, we got all 10 pages (or 8 depending on which script you read from) done over the 2 days (1 hr. Wed, 8-3 Thu. and 8-3 Fri.) and I got it all edited and sweetened just a few hours ago. It is now on VHS awaiting me to turn it in tomorrow to the festival before 3PM, I can't wait!

The only downer is we got a ton of really good stuff, enough to make the movie 15-18 minutes, but I had to cut a lot of it out to condense it to 10 mins. When I re-edit, I'll put most of it back... some of it is just too good to leave out.

And oh man were the people I was working with great, they all got so into character, there was this great energy on set. Man... I got 3 hours of sleep wed. thurs. fri. and sat. nights, I was up till 4 last night... but it was the best days maybe of my life. Right now I'm about to celebrate with a few drinks, damn being a movie maker is sweet!

PS SteadyGrip worked fantastically. BlindZero and SR, can't wait to hear more about your stuff!

A Day in the life of Mr Shot Renegade and this is even before I start shooting!!!!!!:

7.00: Wake up drink sh*t loads of coffee
7.30: Gather everything together and go to studio
8.00: Meet with the rest of the Split Prism Productions Team and discuss the teaching day ahead of us.
9.00: Students arrive, welcome with coffee / tea etc.
9.30: Outline the day ahead
9.45: Start teaching. (today as it's the first day of the course: origins of film, film as art, film as a science, who is involved in a film shoot)
10.45: Break for more coffee
11.00am: Continue teaching: (basic cinematography, preparation for tomorrow (sensitometry, rectiliniar propogation etc etc)
13.00: Lunch
14.00: Lighting workshops, typical three point set up, controlling light, what is light etc...
16.00: Set building seminar.
17.00: Students go home, I work with the rest of the team reviewing the day and working out material for tomorrow to keep it consistant.
18.00: Move over to second soundstage and help second unit prepare set for the office scene of next weeks shoot.
20.00: Review my own teaching material for the next day, continue producing, making phone calls, securing new locations for locations that fall through.
21.00: Have a headache
22.00: Take Asprin
1.00: Finish teaching material finally. Prepare a few logisitcal situations.
Then a few few hours sleep ready for it to start all over again tomorrow!

RADICAL!!!!!!

Nearing completion of principal photography on our first digital feature -- a suspense/love story called 'AfterLife'. It's part 'Dragonfly', part 'Ghost', with a 'Sixth Sense' style twist. Shot using a Panasonic DVX100 24p camera. Pics, info and the script can be found at www.afterlifethemovie.com

In development on our next feature -- 'Ghost Stories'. A mysterious stranger tells ghost stories to a group of kids sitting around a campfire in the woods at night. Not an original vehicle, but our stories will be unique. Expect to shoot this on 24p also.

Shot Renegade said:
A Day in the life of Mr Shot Renegade and this is even before I start shooting!!!!!!:

7.00: Wake up drink sh*t loads of coffee
7.30: Gather everything together and go to studio
8.00: Meet with the rest of the Split Prism Productions Team and discuss the teaching day ahead of us.
9.00: Students arrive, welcome with coffee / tea etc.
9.30: Outline the day ahead
9.45: Start teaching. (today as it's the first day of the course: origins of film, film as art, film as a science, who is involved in a film shoot)
10.45: Break for more coffee
11.00am: Continue teaching: (basic cinematography, preparation for tomorrow (sensitometry, rectiliniar propogation etc etc)
13.00: Lunch
14.00: Lighting workshops, typical three point set up, controlling light, what is light etc...
16.00: Set building seminar.
17.00: Students go home, I work with the rest of the team reviewing the day and working out material for tomorrow to keep it consistant.
18.00: Move over to second soundstage and help second unit prepare set for the office scene of next weeks shoot.
20.00: Review my own teaching material for the next day, continue producing, making phone calls, securing new locations for locations that fall through.
21.00: Have a headache
22.00: Take Asprin
1.00: Finish teaching material finally. Prepare a few logisitcal situations.
Then a few few hours sleep ready for it to start all over again tomorrow!

RADICAL!!!!!!

As the Black Eyed Peas would ask ...

Where is tha love?
Tha Love ...
Tha Love ...
Where is tha love, tha love, tha love?

Dude, you guys gave us the lads that said "All you need is love." Now let us tell you that Aspirin does not equal love.

Poke

It's nearly done! It's 2:15 am and I'm still at the studio - at the moment I'm breaking down the set with my production team and preparing call sheets for tomorrow - which is the final day of shooting for 'Deadline'.

Shot Renegade said:
Currently in Production... (pre-prod/prod...)

Just thought it would be fantastic to see what all you people are doing at the moment! So, I created this topic for all you active film-makers to post a bit about the project you're currently in pre-production or production for!
So!!! What are you all up to? Spill the beans!
Thanks for this thread SR!

Well, my short film ...To Skin a Cat won Best Short at the Memphis International Film Festival last month.

Article: http://www.indietalk.com/forum/cms_view_article.php?aid=14

The official site is www.toskinacat.com. As far as what I'm doing right now ... just writing. :)

Good luck with Deadline!

Short Feature "The Birthday Present"

After months of preparation, I'm kicking off the first formal production through my new company - Dedham Digital Studio, Inc. Trying to take a novel approach to this, the company is a private non-profit corporation acting as a collaberative workshop for aspiring filmmakers.

The script is (more or less) done. Had a local playwrite critique it, some minor edits are necessary. Fortunately they're minor edits.

The script is posted on our web site http://www.dedhamdigital.com/productions/BirthdayPresent/index.html.

indietalk said:
Shot Renegade said:
Currently in Production... (pre-prod/prod...)

Well, my short film ...To Skin a Cat won Best Short at the Memphis International Film Festival last month.

Article: http://www.indietalk.com/forum/cms_view_article.php?aid=14

The official site is www.toskinacat.com. As far as what I'm doing right now ... just writing. :)

Good luck with Deadline!

Wow that's great. Congrads Indietalk :D

As for my own projects im currently working on developing two scripts in my head as well as trying to get to know more about filmmaking. Thus far i've learned that no matter how many books on filmmaking i read the best way to learn is through experience.
As you can see, i'm just a newbie :blush:

I recently premiered my short Burnt Sienna, which I wrote and directed, at a cast/crew screening with a few other local artists. It was pretty well received, from what people said (I can never tell if they're just placating me).

Immediately after Burnt Sienna's production, I did sound for a friend's short film called Spleen. It is currently in post-production.

I'm now taking a short break to focus on writing and querying my scripts to production companies and agents.

- Mike.

right now i am working on a doucumentery about the american underground scene wich includes music skateing breakers MC's graffiti artists and organaztions.and such acts as defiance on the contrary and quit your life alos this great underground band called crack does plenty.

and i am writing a script that is blending sinical comedy action and drama,its good times about a group of guys and the shit they go through in one night.lots of violance.

currently making a Low Budget feature ($15,000.00)... to begin Production in Mid June. Look for the Trailer to be posted in the screening room as soon as possible. Im seeking Markets in home video for this Feature. Possibly through Newmarket or First run Features. If that be the case, this would be my first film to get Distrobution. (Well, the first film I'v tryed to get Distrobution for anyway).

I'm in production on our ongoing web series called Something to Be Desired. Literally, I'm taking a break from editing the next episode (#3 of the season), due for upload tomorrow.

I'm in pre-production of an episodic "space opera", that (in theory) will start principal photography at the end of the year. :blush: A lot of non-actor related material will be completed in advance though, and is being worked on at this very moment.

Meanwhile, a lot is going on in pre-production as various people get picked up to assist.

By the way, two (and possibly a third) of the people I have so far are from IndieTalk! See? Utilising the several "Help Wanted/Available" forums is extremely handy! PMs and Email work wonders.

I just wish Ed Wood was still around, so he could see the final show when it's done. I think I'd make him proud. :D

I'm currently in POST production... for my latest film project. Have nearly received all the rushes back from the lab... unfortunately there's been a bit of a screw up and the lab have telecined the stock to 4:3 when it was shot 16:9 - meaning I've lost half my frame :( Doh!

currently in production of my first short film Self Made Freaks which is a basic short insight into the lives of two rather interesting young men, oh, and i'm starring as one of the young men too :D. I'm also in pre-prod for another short titled Adrenaline which is going to be a challenge for me, it is a film noir-ish short about a hitman who after many years of speed addiction has begun to lose touch with reality. It is a very twisted and confusing story but i have been getting good comments on it. For this film I have just found both my stars, I am organising the music now, I have 1 of 2 locations ready and i'm looking to shoot in about 2 - 3 weeks. Fingers crossed everything works out!

Back