marketing Consolidating powaaa!

So say that Jimmy has finished his film, released it, and it was fairly well received. He had it in some online/rl comps and stuff. Pretty gewd.
But what are some ways to consolidate the “powa” that he has gained? What are ways he can launch his career from this film he has done? I’m trying to look for more Ways to build upon a potential success of a short or feature. Here is some obvious ones you may know.

-Use the contacts gained from competitions, use them to make collaborations with other filmmakers that you contacted.
-Use the success of your film, or maybe awards and reviews when you apply for new film jobs. That way you’ll be more likely to be accepted because ”they” will see your success.
-Try to build a fan base, make videos and keep your audience updated so they stick around for your next film.

Those are pretty obvious, but are there more methods to consolidate “POWA” gained from your success?
-Maybe the audience would want to know more about the characters or backstories of your film, you could write a short story revealing this to them and your audience will buy them. This will give them more backstory to the film, and interest, and money to fund your next films. Releasing books, short stories, maybe comics could keep them updated for future films you might make even.
-Maybe making a Wikipedia page about your films and stories
-Launching fundraisers?

are there any more ways to consolidate on the POWAAAA gained from a succesful film? Ways to keep the gained audience interested for a new film, ways to build a fandom? Ways to get more work after releasing the film? I’d greatly love to know as the release of my film is coming.

I think you misunderstood 😁. I am gonna be submitting to the very few festivals near me. I’m not ignoring real festivals completely lol. But I’m going to relying “mostly” on social media competitions.
I still will be submitting to “some“ real festivals. But mostly online ones.
And yea you should look into online festivals they r cool 😁. I’ve seen ones that offer awards up to 4 million bucks! For the winning film. No kidding, and free submission. That’s the benefit of online festivals! They make money from the views, and you can pay for advertising your film, but the submissions are mostly free. “As far as I’ve seen.” 😁😁😁. This emoji is a mood.

Can you link me to one of these online festivals? Seriously I'm out of touch in that area. Thanks

The most award-winning film on which I worked as SD/SSE won for Best Debut Feature at the 2007 Australia International Film Festival. The writer/director/lead actor did not attend; he lives in NYC.

The most award-winning film on which I worked as SD/SSE won for Best Debut Feature at the 2007 Australia International Film Festival. The writer/director/lead actor did not attend; he lives in NYC.

dam. I should probably do some more Research into festivals which had no director-show ups then. I always thought that if you don’t show up to claim the award then it goes to someone else. That’s what I’ve heard from other filmmakers friends.

You don't need to research director-no-shows. That has nothing to do with who wins. You need to research the best fits for your film. If you cannot attend, you cannot attend. And NO they don't give the award to someone else.

You don't need to research director-no-shows. That has nothing to do with who wins. You need to research the best fits for your film. If you cannot attend, you cannot attend. And NO they don't give the award to someone else.

sick lol 👌 I feel bad for u. All this time asking for a link to online competitions and getting none/ignored lol. I’ll send one soon for ya😂

Okay...

Jimmy has a finished film that was fairly well received. Our Founder already
mentioned the very BEST way to consolidate the “powa”; make another film.

-The contacts made from that first film will most likely want to see what you
do next. Make sure you aren't a one-hit-wonder.
-Yes, you could use the success of the one film (awards and reviews) when
you try to get another film make. However, some awards are more important
than others. Five awards from on-line festivals won't have the same clout as
one awards from a “real life” festival.
-Building a fan base can really help with your next project.

Now away from “what if” and into what is...

Before you make your film available for free save up your money and enter
10 film festivals; real life film festivals. You don't have to attend when you get
in – but getting accepted can help with your number one bullet point. Getting
awards is even better.

All stuff others have already said. It's tried and true.

Okay...

Jimmy has a finished film that was fairly well received. Our Founder already
mentioned the very BEST way to consolidate the “powa”; make another film.

-The contacts made from that first film will most likely want to see what you
do next. Make sure you aren't a one-hit-wonder.
-Yes, you could use the success of the one film (awards and reviews) when
you try to get another film make. However, some awards are more important
than others. Five awards from on-line festivals won't have the same clout as
one awards from a “real life” festival.
-Building a fan base can really help with your next project.

Now away from “what if” and into what is...

Before you make your film available for free save up your money and enter
10 film festivals; real life film festivals. You don't have to attend when you get
in – but getting accepted can help with your number one bullet point. Getting
awards is even better.

All stuff others have already said. It's tried and true.

yea I agree with yall on making another film is a good way to keep people interested in your work. But that’s not really what I’m after, making a new film after your older one is great. But my next film is a feature and it’ll take a few years to develop. So I’m wondering what are ways to keep an audience interested in that time span. What are ways to keep the flame you put in your audience alight while you are making your next film. How can you get them extremely interested in that time span to ensure your old audience sticks around in a time span of a few years.
Just looking for any ideas you all might have on that If you have any.

yea I agree with yall on making another film is a good way to keep people interested in your work. But that’s not really what I’m after, making a new film after your older one is great. But my next film is a feature and it’ll take a few years to develop. So I’m wondering what are ways to keep an audience interested in that time span. What are ways to keep the flame you put in your audience alight while you are making your next film. How can you get them extremely interested in that time span to ensure your old audience sticks around in a time span of a few years.
Just looking for any ideas you all might have on that If you have any.

Sharing your exploits on social media usually does the trick.

Other than that, would be doing press interviews and mentioning your next project.

Back