• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

story CONFUSION

literally sitting on my chair with hands on the keyboard.. struggling to form an idea for my next short film. Will someone help me out from this uncertainty? suggestions are mandatory :-3

Oh what a disappointment I thought it was going to be a screenplay called confusion

what would such a screenplay be about ?

a psychological thriller about a robot that develops schizophrenia. Boom. Go.

Last edited:
s
Oh what a disappointment I thought it was going to be a screenplay called confusion

what would such a screenplay be about ?

a psychological thriller about a robot that develops schizophrenia. Boom. Go.
sorry for the mirage part..thanks for this.. but I've already made a short film on schizophrenia. here's the link

Something that is quite dramatic and evocative!

Um, since you are from India..how about this?

In 1852, a british governess, Ms. Rose Whitmore, is hired by an Indian maharaja to teach English to his son, a prince. Prince will attend Oxford later, so he has to improve his English.

Rose has at first hard time getting used to Indian customs, food and climate. But she begins teaching English classes to the Prince.
Gradually, Prince falls in love with her, despite all barriers between them. Maharaja is not happy with Prince, spending time with Rose. Local British colony also disapprove her bonding with Prince.

Because of his attraction to Rose, Prince rejects marriage with a girl from another influential local family.

But Maharaja still forces the marriage. Prince and Rose have to split, and the new wife is jealous.

Maharaja, furious, sends her away, back to the East Indian company local HQ. There, the company management is furious with her for disrupting business with maharaja.

Suddenly there is a revolt and company HQ is surrounded by anti-British forces. Prince sends her secretly food and guards, and she shares sent food with other Brits in the surrounded headquarters.

Prince later takes her under his protection, despite the orders of his father, while other Brits are killed during the storm of headquarters. Prince has to hide her not only from crowds, but also from his own family.

Later, crowds, instigated by the jealous wife's family, attacks Prince's palace, but lucky, he escapes with her. Later, British come, and the girl saves Prince. Happy end (well, not for everyone, but our couple, cause all rest are killed).

it is definitely not a story for a short film, though.

Last edited:
I've got a brand new, never used in all of history completely original story idea for you - BOY MEETS GIRL.

In all seriousness, the basis for all scientific and artistic creation is the question "What if?"

What if a humanoid alien arrived on earth as an infant? - Superman

What if the subject of a book could hear the author writing it? - Stranger Than Fiction

What if a young boy finds out he's a wizard? - Harry Potter

What if a nobody were appointed as a US Senator - Mr. Smith Goes To Washington

After that, as an ARTIST, it is your job to make the "What if?" relevant to the human condition.

Italo Covino - Comedy is about the inevitability of life, tragedy is about the inevitability of death.

So there's your start. What If _______________? Then decide if your story is a comedy or tragedy.

Unknown Screenwriter gave you additional resources.

GET TO WORK!!!!

Back