• Popcorn Points determine how popular a video is. You can click the popcorn bucket or simply react (Like, Love, etc.) and it will register a vote.

Christmas Fire

Really great work! This final version came out really well. That final edit always makes a huge difference. Might want to submit this to IFC, I think they still air collections of indie shorts, and this is much better than most of the ones I saw last time I watched it.

Really great work! This final version came out really well. That final edit always makes a huge difference. Might want to submit this to IFC, I think they still air collections of indie shorts, and this is much better than most of the ones I saw last time I watched it.
Thanks nate.

I was up til 6am last night, slept 4 hours and then worked til 6pm and had people over at 7 lol talk about going down to the wire.
It's missing a few Foley effects etc but everyone seemed to love it.

I was shocked how big of a reaction it got when she says Yippie Ki Yay

Lol, I've been there. It seems like it always turns out that way. Every time I try to finish one ahead of time, I notice something I want to change and end up working till the very last minute.

Glad to hear it was a big hit with your audience. Fun movie, I think a lot of people will like it.

Last edited:
Really enjoyed it... The hit woman's different shoes once inside the house took me out of the story just for a second but it wasn't enough to ruin it. I've also been there more than a few times. The fact that you did what you could with what you had and came out with something extremely watchable is very cool.

I just have one question... LOL.

Why didn't she go for the head shot? Just kidding.

Really enjoyed it... The hit woman's different shoes once inside the house took me out of the story just for a second but it wasn't enough to ruin it. I've also been there more than a few times. The fact that you did what you could with what you had and came out with something extremely watchable is very cool.

I just have one question... LOL.

Why didn't she go for the head shot? Just kidding.
Ugh that bitch ruining my movie with her shoes!! Can't count on anyone to do anything right. lol j/k
She is actually one of my ex-friends moms. i still talk to the parents sometimes.

thats too bad that it took you out of the story though, them walking in with all the susense is one of the coolest parts.
thats what i get for all the close ups on feet. its like a tarantino movie or something.

Ugh that bitch ruining my movie with her shoes!! Can't count on anyone to do anything right. lol j/k
She is actually one of my ex-friends moms. i still talk to the parents sometimes.

thats too bad that it took you out of the story though, them walking in with all the susense is one of the coolest parts.
thats what i get for all the close ups on feet. its like a tarantino movie or something.
Dude... No worries. For whatever reason? The RED STRIPES on the back of her boots OUTSIDE just struck me. Once that impression was there? Couldn't get it out of my head and then when she was inside, my brain YELLED OUT to me... NO BOOTS! LOL.

My favorite part?

When she walks up to the Antagonist after the gunfight from the car... Loved the way she capped the bodies on the way up the hill. Without even a thought. LOL.

I want to say... Just like real life. But would that make me a monster? LOL.

Haven't watched it yet but enjoyed you posting the process and am impressed by your get-it-done-no-matter-whatness. You have that old school filmmaker mentality that is rare these days. All about story and getting it out there by any means.

I loved it! It was great seeing how it all came together bit by bit during your editing. And very cool to see IndieTalk in the thanks - 'cause yeah, I watch credits to the end.

The story hangs together well, and you kept it really tight, which is hard to do.

Congratulations!

Dude... No worries. For whatever reason? The RED STRIPES on the back of her boots OUTSIDE just struck me. Once that impression was there? Couldn't get it out of my head and then when she was inside, my brain YELLED OUT to me... NO BOOTS! LOL.

My favorite part?

When she walks up to the Antagonist after the gunfight from the car... Loved the way she capped the bodies on the way up the hill. Without even a thought. LOL.

I want to say... Just like real life. But would that make me a monster? LOL.
Maybe I can fix those boots in post if I release a polished version next christmas.

When Lily is walking up that hill I did that shot like 4-5 times with her hat on by accident lol.
It makes such a huge difference to have that gimbal and have options to do shots like that. One of my favs too!
Haven't watched it yet but enjoyed you posting the process and am impressed by your get-it-done-no-matter-whatness. You have that old school filmmaker mentality that is rare these days. All about story and getting it out there by any means.
Thanks! It was nice to be able to post the process on here and chat about it as i made the film. Especially having no producer or crew or anything there is literally nobody else to talk to or bounce ideas off of. I did put a lot more thought and effort into bells and whistles this time around, some of the transitions in this movie are out of control lol.

I loved it! It was great seeing how it all came together bit by bit during your editing. And very cool to see IndieTalk in the thanks - 'cause yeah, I watch credits to the end.

The story hangs together well, and you kept it really tight, which is hard to do.

Congratulations!
Really happy to hear that you loved it! and you guys def deserve the thanks in the credits!
I meant to put some burning debris in the credits but I guess i ran out of time. I paid for the actionvfx files though lol.

I think I'm getting pretty good at tight, fast moving story but it worries me a little bit that i won't be able to pull off longer scenes necesary for a feature.

I hope more people check this out. And what's with this 3 vote ceiling on upvotes? I think Indietalk should allow guests to upvote videos, even if they can't post. I can't see the harm in it, and it might provide a bit more encouragement to people posting videos like this that took real time and effort.

Back