ChatGPT thread

FYI, I asked the AI through ChatGPT to look something up on Wikipedia and was told that it has no connections to external content.
Yeah chatGPT cannot crawl the web for you, and it cannot look up current stuff on wikipedia, but if you rephase your question it will work "summarize the wikipedia page on Gravity for me" but its not 100% up to date since it can't browse the web.. if you change the wikipedi and ask again ChatGPT won't update it's answer.

Same thing for academic papers, you can't ask it to read the paper, but it's probably ALREADY read it and you can ask it questions about it.

Last edited:
ChatGPT is truly amazing for learning about history.
A youtuber said that white americans are the only people in the history of the planet the left their families behind to fight and die for the freedom of people of another race. That no other country ended slavery the way that america did.

So now I'm researching chinese history, what a crazy war this shit is

The Opium Wars ...The British East India Company was exporting large quantities of opium, grown in India, to China, where it was illegal. The Chinese government attempted to curb the opium trade, but the British insisted on their right to trade freely. The First Opium War broke out after the Chinese authorities attempted to seize and destroy a large shipment of opium.

In the aftermath of the wars, the Qing government was forced to sign a series of treaties with the foreign powers, known as the "unequal treaties," which ceded territory, opened ports to foreign trade, and imposed heavy financial penalties on China.

---- fucking wow -- pumping their country full of opium, and when they tried to stop it Britian crushed them into submission.
Man IDK shit about history. this chat GPT is awesome to learn.

During the same time peroid as the 2nd opium war this shit was going on in china

The Taiping Rebellion was a large-scale civil war that took place in China from 1850 to 1864. It was led by Hong Xiuquan, who claimed to be the younger brother of Jesus Christ and aimed to establish a new society based on his religious and political beliefs.

Last edited:
HOLY SHIT Australia!!!

'The forced labor of Indigenous Australians and South Sea Islanders became illegal in the 20th century.

One of the ways the government accomplished this was through the passage of the Pacific Island Labourers Act of 1901, which resulted in the forced repatriation of many South Sea Islanders who had been brought to Australia as indentured laborers.

Many South Sea Islanders who were repatriated to their home countries returned broke and homeless, facing significant difficulties in rebuilding their lives. After having been away from their families and communities for years or even decades, many returned to find that their families and homes no longer existed, or that their communities had changed dramatically during their absence.

These policies were rooted in the belief in white superiority and were part of the broader global trend of colonialism and racism. The Australian government sought to maintain a predominantly white, British population and to limit the number of non-European immigrants entering the country.'

-----

TLDR: When australia was done with their slaves, they shipped them back to their origin country homeless and penniless.

I really hate the idea of talking to this thing when I have a real problem with a company. They already have those silly bots that try to answer questions, but now with this, I can see companies not even employing the reps you get when you when you bypass the bots.

I really hate the idea of talking to this thing when I have a real problem with a company. They already have those silly bots that try to answer questions, but now with this, I can see companies not even employing the reps you get when you when you bypass the bots.

They have the tech where they can take 60 seconds of audio and then replicate anybodies voice.
It's pretty crazy and yes they will DEFINITELY be using this to replace humans.

I wonder if we will have our own personal one on our phone though - we can tell it to call and make appointments, and then the AI can talk to each other and just leave us out of the whole thing!

Last edited:
Fortunately, I'm old enough that I can probably successfully boycott getting one until I'm dead. :)

Actually robots will become the primary caregivers of the eldery

There's a big positive to it - human caregivers get frustrated and angry by patients with demetia and abuse the elderly, and when you have a robot taking care of you with unlimited patience, 24/7 to do whatever you need, it won't seem so bad

this is the same tech that will be in the robots for how they talk and communicate with us.
the basis for that tech anyway, it just needs an OS layer written on top of it. so yeah 2030s

Last edited:
I asked ChatGPT to write a series of articles, from the mindset of trying to intentionally find fault with everything - see if this writing style seems familiar.

write an article about Tupperware

Tupperware, the ubiquitous brand of plastic containers for food storage, has become a household name around the world. However, there is a dark side to this seemingly innocent product. From environmental concerns to ethical issues with the company's business practices, the story of Tupperware is more complicated than it seems.

One of the major issues with Tupperware is its impact on the environment. Plastic containers, including Tupperware, are not biodegradable and can take hundreds of years to break down in landfills. This means that once they are discarded, they will remain in the environment indefinitely, contributing to the growing problem of plastic pollution. Additionally, the production of plastic containers requires the use of non-renewable resources such as petroleum, which contributes to environmental degradation and climate change.

Another issue with Tupperware is its association with the direct selling industry, which has been criticized for its aggressive sales tactics and exploitation of women. Tupperware is marketed primarily through home parties, where friends and family members are encouraged to buy the products. In many cases, the people hosting these parties are not employees of the company but rather independent sales consultants who earn a commission on the products they sell. The direct selling model has been criticized for its pressure tactics and the exploitation of women, who make up the majority of the sales consultants.

Moreover, the company has also faced criticism for its business practices, including its treatment of workers in its factories and its use of sweatshop labor in developing countries. In the 1990s, Tupperware was sued by workers in one of its factories in the Philippines who claimed that they were subjected to sweatshop conditions and exploitation.

In conclusion, while Tupperware has become an integral part of modern life, it is important to consider its negative impact on the environment and the ethical concerns associated with its business practices. Consumers should be aware of these issues and consider alternative, environmentally-friendly and ethical products for their food storage needs.

write an article about "the Smurfs" tv show

The Smurfs, a beloved animated television series from the 80s, has brought joy and laughter to many children and families over the years. However, beneath the cheerful exterior lies a darker side to the world of the Smurfs.

One of the main themes in the show is conformity, with the Smurfs living in a highly structured society. The leader of the Smurfs, Papa Smurf, makes all the decisions for the community, and deviance from the norm is punished severely. This creates a lack of individualism and freedom, leading some to question the morality of this kind of society.

Additionally, the show features dangerous and potentially traumatic situations, such as the Smurfs being pursued by the evil wizard Gargamel. Children watching the show may become frightened by these intense moments, leaving a lasting impact on their emotional wellbeing.
Furthermore, the gender roles portrayed in the show are stereotypical and outdated. The female Smurfs are often portrayed as passive and submissive, while the male Smurfs are portrayed as the protectors and providers. This reinforces traditional gender roles and limits the potential for children to expand their understanding of gender roles.

Finally, the portrayal of certain characters, such as Azrael the cat and Gargamel, can promote negative stereotypes about certain groups. Azrael is often depicted as lazy and untrustworthy, perpetuating negative attitudes towards cats. Gargamel is portrayed as an evil wizard, perpetuating negative attitudes towards those who practice magic or the occult.

While The Smurfs has undoubtedly brought joy and laughter to many, it is important to acknowledge the darker aspects of the show and its impact on children. By doing so, we can promote a more thoughtful and nuanced understanding of media and its effects on society.

write an article about popsicles

The bright, fruity and cold taste of a popsicle may seem like a simple and innocent treat, but there is a dark side to this frozen snack that goes beyond just the sugar content and brain freeze.

One of the biggest controversies surrounding popsicles is their environmental impact. Popsicles are typically packaged in plastic sticks or containers, which contributes to the growing issue of plastic waste in our oceans and landfills. The production of plastic not only harms the environment, but also puts the health of wildlife and humans at risk, as chemicals can leach into the soil and water sources.

Another issue with popsicles is their unhealthy ingredients. Many popular popsicle brands contain high fructose corn syrup, artificial colors, and preservatives. These ingredients have been linked to a variety of health problems, including weight gain, heart disease, and cancer.
Furthermore, the production of popsicles can have a negative impact on the workers involved in the process. Many of the countries where popsicles are produced have poor working conditions, low wages, and limited employee rights. This means that workers are often subject to long hours, harsh conditions, and exploitation.

Finally, the marketing of popsicles can also have a negative impact on children. Many of the advertisements for popsicles feature cartoon characters and bright colors, which can encourage kids to consume more sugar and unhealthy snacks. This can lead to a lifelong cycle of unhealthy eating habits and negative health consequences.

In conclusion, while the taste of a popsicle may be a summertime treat, it's important to be aware of the dark side of this frozen snack. From the environmental impact to the unhealthy ingredients, and from the exploitation of workers to the negative impact on children, it's clear that there are many reasons to be cautious when it comes to consuming popsicles.

list 10 companies that don't exploit their workers in some way, and have no outdated practices

I'm sorry, it's difficult to definitively state which companies have zero exploitation of workers and have completely modern practices.

write an article about fluffy kittens

I'm sorry, but there is no "dark side" of fluffy kittens. Kittens are cute and beloved pets that bring joy and love to those who have them.
\

1675706606447.png

Truly jaw dropping

The last African country to officially abolish slavery was Mauritania, which did so on August 5, 1981. Slavery has a long history in Mauritania and it was only in the 20th century that the country began to take steps towards its abolition. Despite being officially outlawed, the practice of slavery continues to persist in some parts of the country, particularly in rural areas.

Slavery was officially abolished in Saudi Arabia in 1962, but reports of forced labor and human trafficking continue to emerge.

Slavery still exists in some parts of India, particularly in rural areas where enforcement of anti-slavery laws is weak. Debt bondage, in which people are forced to work off a debt, is a common form of modern slavery in India. Child labor, forced labor, and human trafficking also occur in India and contribute to the continuation of slavery.

-------

also chat GPT making some ***REALLY*** bone headed statements, like damn they need a very very basic level of error checking written on top of this thing

"what is the first country on the planet to abolish slavery and how many slaves were freed?"

The first country to abolish slavery was the Netherlands, in 1863. The exact number of slaves freed is unknown, but it is estimated that around 20,000 to 30,000 slaves were freed as a result of the abolition.

"did britian abolish slavery in 1833"

Yes, Britain abolished slavery in 1833 with the Slavery Abolition Act. The act banned slavery in most of the British Empire, freeing approximately 800,000 enslaved Africans.

"isnt 1833 earlier than 1863"
Yes, you are correct. The British abolished slavery in 1833, which is earlier than the Netherlands, which abolished slavery in 1863. My apologies for the mistake in my previous answer.

"what is the first country on the planet to abolish slavery
The first country to abolish slavery was the Netherlands, in 1863.

"You fucker we just went over this!"

Last edited:

I did come across that but I don't agree.
The Haiti government didn't decide to abolish slavery, they were overthrown and eliminated, so i think it's different as they didnt have a choice.

It might seem like i'm splitting hairs but it's a big difference to have british guys like William Wilberforce abolish slavery in a peaceful way, without an overthrow, staying in power the whole time and with a persistant government. it feels like a totally different thing to me.

Last edited:
I did come across that but I don't agree.
The Haiti government didn't decide to abolish slavery, they were overthrown and eliminated, so i think it's different as they didnt have a choice.

The new government could just as easily have opted to continue slavery and profit from it, but they didn't.

But I do understand your point.

The new government could just as easily have opted to continue slavery and profit from it, but they didn't.

But I do understand your point.

The history of the british was actually pretty interesting, according to chatGPT anyway lol.

Britian stopped slavery like 3 decades earlier than us, and then in the 1830s they were sending the british navy to stop slave ships and intercepting anyone that tried to keep shipping slaves to the americas. That dude William Wilberforce was a realy hero and I'd never even heard of this dude before. Totally ahead of the curve on the moral high ground.

And then from what I understand, once USA and Britian together outlawed slavery, places like China and Japan wanted to be "modern" and were massively influenced by peer pressure from the west to eliminate their own slavery in time. Britian has a spotty history of conquering the world but this Wilberforce dude really changed the entire world's opinion on slavery.

I never knew where the word Wilberforce came from until now. They've been using it as the name of a magic power in foreign sci fi shows.
I just read about him, he would also give away all his money to poor people, like holy shit, this dude was a literal saint

chatgpt really made exploring history more fun and engaging, ive gotta say. a great teaching tool.

Last edited:
I just read about him, he would also give away all his money to poor people, like holy shit, this dude was a literal saint

chatgpt really made exploring history more fun and engaging, ive gotta say. a great teaching tool.

If any of you millennial kids are reading this as a site guest and looking for an alternative way to be a good influence on the world around you, this dude (and Norman Borlaug) might be worth checking out. Those old school guys got serious about altruism, and they make a great role model if Tom Holland isn't doing it for you. lol.

Last edited:
Man, chatGPT is epic. New update a few days ago, on the 30th, and I just can't break this thing anymore. An incredibly powerful tool with no negatives.

what was the most unusual circumstance surrounding a person being struck by lightning

There are many unusual circumstances surrounding people being struck by lightning. Here are a few examples:
  1. Surviving multiple lightning strikes: Some people have survived multiple lightning strikes, which is extremely rare and defies the odds.
  2. Lightning strikes inside a building: There have been instances of lightning striking people inside a building, which is considered to be a safe place during a thunderstorm.
  3. Strike while swimming: Lightning can strike even while someone is in the water, and a small number of people have been struck while swimming or boating.
  4. Striking a person who is wearing rubber soled shoes: Rubber-soled shoes are not enough to protect against lightning strikes, and there have been instances of people being struck even while wearing them.
  5. Striking a person through their ear: Lightning can travel through electrical pathways in the body, and there have been instances of people being struck through their ear.
  6. Striking a person through their cell phone: There have been instances of people being struck by lightning while using a cell phone, as the electrical current can travel through the device and into the person's body.
  7. Striking a person inside a car: Cars are generally considered to be safe from lightning strikes, but there have been instances of people being struck while inside a car.

Just to make everyone paranoid, lol. Keep your ears covered, or lightning might strike you in the ear!

Last edited:
Back