captive/prison based films ???

Friends can you please share some movie names in which the characters or the lead character is imprisoned in a building and have to escape or anything else like that? nearly 6 months back i had read about few films (had saved names but due to virus the names were deleted :() one of them had few characters in a building under cams and they had to live in that building for a specific time. There was another film in which few characters were forcefully prisoned in a building and they had to find a way out...(and one by one they were loosing there lives too)
sadly i have lost those names so can you please name few names (i might get those film names back too)

Regards

Last edited:
Zensteve Thanks for guiding. Waiting for more names....i remember there were few films made in late 90 and in between 2000 to 2006 also...

Last edited:
There was a cool movie a few years back called Unknown where a few dudes wake up in a warehouse, some of them bound, all of them injured, and none of them remembering who they were or what they are doing there. They are sealed inside the warehouse, trapped, and gradually some of them start remembering things correctly. Or do they?

Escape from Alcatraz
Cube
Die Hard
Some of the more recent torture horror, like Frontiere(s), Calvaire, Captivity
The Saw movie series has elements of "find a way to escape"
few characters in a building under cams and they had to live in that building for a specific time
This might have been My Little Eye but they weren't really captured so much as volunteers in a reality experiment.

Of course, there are countless exploitation movies dealing with imprisonment and attempts to escape. The "Women in Prison" genre of the 70s and early 80s comes to mind. Jess Franco (director) had a few interesting ones.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot Uranium City and John@Bophe.
Yes SAW series has the same element and i have seen them so not counting SAW in the list. Have seen CUBE series too. I will surely check out the others if they are available. And the film UNKNOWN is one of movie names which i lost.
There were few more so i hope i might get some more names :)
Thanks a lot for sharing these names.
I just love the films with element of captivity/imprisonment :D

Edited: Just checked "my little eye". That is also one of my list ... :D looks like i will be having a great weekend :)

Last edited:
I would like to add a good low budget movie "House of 9" in the list. Was a good movie. Also got the chance to see cube series.
If anyone know more i will be looking forward.

Looking for die hard now. Frontiers was in french so couldnt understand a word :(

I've always been a fan of "Escape from Alcatraz".

"Rescue Dawn" is really good, but that might not be as confined as you're looking for.

In my opinion, the best of all time, hands-down, no competition -- "Shawshank Redemption".

How bout some TV episodes? Let me just put on my nerd glasses...
glasses012.gif
ah yes, that's better.
Some of these are not literally being trapped in a building, but they all have the theme of imprisonment and trying to escape.

from Star Trek the Next Generation:
ep. 3x18: Allegiance
ep. 4x05: Remember Me
ep. 6x12: Ship in a Bottle

from Star Trek Voyager
ep. 3x24: Displaced

I've always been a fan of "Escape from Alcatraz".

"Rescue Dawn" is really good, but that might not be as confined as you're looking for.

In my opinion, the best of all time, hands-down, no competition -- "Shawshank Redemption".

Shawshank Redemption is the best movie in my list without categorizing it to captivity or any other genre

How bout some TV episodes? Let me just put on my nerd glasses...
glasses012.gif
ah yes, that's better.
Some of these are not literally being trapped in a building, but they all have the theme of imprisonment and trying to escape.

from Star Trek the Next Generation:
ep. 3x18: Allegiance
ep. 4x05: Remember Me
ep. 6x12: Ship in a Bottle

from Star Trek Voyager
ep. 3x24: Displaced

Sadly i will not be able to get very old movie or Tv series. Not available in Pakistan :( Mostly films with in past 10 to 15 years are easily available or great classics. Will have to dig up the whole Pakistan to find some of the movies mentioned because they are of 1963 etc

Sadly i will not be able to get very old movie or Tv series. Not available in Pakistan :( Mostly films with in past 10 to 15 years are easily available or great classics. Will have to dig up the whole Pakistan to find some of the movies mentioned because they are of 1963 etc

You probably find them on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQUim5_BWv0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuUt026EXHM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hK2zkAhzJ_c

Back