Can I get dolly tracks that you can bend shapes out of?

I couldn't find any online like that, but some shots I want to be able to move the camera from say, one side of a conference room table to the other side.

I would have to have tracks that form the shape around the table, and it's size. So are their any tracks that you can make shapes out of rather than buying a curved track which is not enough to do the job? Or if it's more affordable I can get a glidecam but not many people know how to use it, and I want to just pay attention to the actors and the monitors as director, rather than learn it myself and hope I do well.

Or I could go hand held if that will look professional. Paul Greengrass has inspired it, but I've never seen him go handheld all the way around a table though.

Last edited:
Glide Gear makes rubber tracks (like this). No idea how well they work, or how they keep their distance uniform.

I could go hand held if that will look professional. Paul Greengrass has inspired it, but I've never seen him go handheld all the way around a table though.

I'm not sure anyone's been able to pull that move off yet. You should go for it!

Wheelchair. Used. Sit in it. Do it right, no one will know.

BTW, Nursing homes and Assisted living centers often have these things filling up space in the closets . . . you know, people die.

Seems like rotating the camera around the table has been done to death in films. I'd suggest something more unique - maybe a cable cam? Fly it from one side to the other, above the actors...

I'm not doing it the way it's been done a lot. I'm doing a faster rotation towards a certain character, at a certain time. Not that slow rotation that is done so often, if that's the one you mean.

Back