Buried

I wonder if Devil will have the same success as Buried.

According to Box Office Mojo:

BURIED -- Total Gross to Date $489,000
DEVIL -- Total Gross to Date $39,499,116

BURIED is in limited release and may benefit from good buzz and end up going wide, but probably not. It's just not earning enough money.

Oh I didn't mean the box office - I meant the way you raved about it. Seems like it's a good movie and I trust your viewpoint. Is Devil a good story like this one?

To be honest, I did not see DEVIL. As far as I'm concerned, THE HAPPENING is the last film I will ever see with Shyamalan's name anywhere in the credits. I used to be an ardent supporter of his films, but murderous air crosses a line in my book.

As far as I'm concerned, THE HAPPENING is the last film I will ever see with Shyamalan's name anywhere in the credits. I used to be an ardent supporter of his films, but murderous air crosses a line in my book.

Shyamalan is a genius and murderous air is real!

Funny_fart.jpg

I saw Buried on Saturday night. It was amazing! My heart was pounding by the end of it. I don't know how people around me weren't shooshing me, it seemed so loud.
I was surprised by how sad it was. I almost sort of cried a little bit when he was talking to his mum, and again right at the end.
I really had my doubts that a movie that takes place entirely in a box could keep things going, but I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.
Just wanted to give my two cents :)

@Cracker Funk I wikified Richmond and it has 200,000 inhabitants! Small!

My town has 100,000 and a 15 screen cinema :D Bliss...

I guess it's all subjective. 200,000 is small, when compared to LA, Chicago, SFC, heck even Seattle. Anyway, of course we've got the multiplexes. But we have only one (two-screen) theater that caters to indie films, and the movie gods have decided that we are not a big enough market to warrant a print of "Buried".

Back