Brandt R

I'm excited to be a part of this community! I hope to learn much, and help anyone else with the knowledge I have acquired.

My background:

I received an MFA in Creative Writing in 2001 and worked as an editorial assistant on Francis Coppola's Zoetrope: All-Story for a few summers. I had an opportunity to use one of the published stories to produce and direct a short film and did so, but was never able to complete the post-production process - I'm here to learn about color correction, grading, and some tips on solving some audio problems. I also have questions regarding the upsampling of video to a higher resolution.

I'm also a playwright and currently producing a one-act play here in Indianapolis, my home.

My last project spent years languishing in post production. mostly sitting on the shelf while I was depressed.
In february i finally tackled it again and I finished it last month. now just waiting on music.

Maybe its not too late for your short film either, even though its old AF you could still wrap up that post production.

I like this channel for color grading

Thanks for the encouragement and the color grading channel :) And congrats on wrapping yours up!

No problem. I learned so much from the process it doesn't really matter if anyone sees it or not.
Just feels great to be done with it and much more equipped for my next gig.

Maybe I will do a music video idk. I got a brand new a7siii camera.
Gl with the color grading just watch like 10 different videos of him doing different movie looks and you will have learned the tool by pattern recognition.

Welcome to IndieTalk!

Any chance of going back and finishing it?
It's always good to be able to show potential cast & crew a finished project.
Yes, I'm determined to finish it - my main concern was the low resolution of the source footage (in relation to the resolutions we have available today). Sfoster pointed me to a potential solution to that problem, so I'm pretty excited :)

I'm also a playwright and currently producing a one-act play here in Indianapolis, my home.
I suspect that's quite a challenge right now. All theaters in Los Angeles are
shuttered - no performances allowed. How are you working with the lockdowns
regarding live performances?

I suspect that's quite a challenge right now. All theaters in Los Angeles are
shuttered - no performances allowed. How are you working with the lockdowns
regarding live performances?
The theatre is open now, at half capacity - hopefully full-capacity by the time my play starts to run Summer 2021.

Here in L.A. small theaters barely hang on at full capacity. I can't
imagine them surviving at half.

I'm envious that in Indianapolis theaters are open. Are people showing up?

Back