Bloody Film Makers

Long story short, a guy from here spent all his money on his first film project, cried for a bit, then took the idea that someone supplied them about how they got messed over, and then got banned for some reason. They've now apparently got a thing for sending me insults over YouTube despite him already saying I was one of the ones that supported him to some extent.

He really gives independent film makers a bad name. For those that saw the thread you know who I'm speaking about, for those that don't it just doesn't matter. I could post the messages, but I'm not that petty - unless you guys wanted me to post them. He's even pointed out that I'm a child (17) and is still just sending me hate messages.

Goddamn.

Anyone else have less than satisfying experiences talking to arrogant film makers?

Edit:
Just to clarify, I'm not calling all film makers arrogant, but just asking about experiences with film makers who happen to be very arrogant.

Usually, in my experience, the most arrogant people are the stupidest, most entitled, insecure people.

I used to get some hate mail from 1-2 viewers a week (out of 50k) And at first I let it bother me, Then i started checking the links to the accomplishments of the hecklers. In 4 years I've never found a site from a director better than me following these heckler links. I think people that actually have talent are usually too busy using it to gripe about the work of others.

If someone is smart, they act with some humility, and humanity. What time or consideration do you owe this stupid person?

I wouldn't be so mad if they weren't making money from it. When I ignored a few comments he put:

Interesting. Disavowment. I actually was communicating with you because you were supportive. Now I have a claim of 100% ostricization from the film community. I was actually going to ask you to consult since I have no other access to resources. I guess I was mistaken. See you at Sundance.

Somehow assuming I'd be going to Sundance, or that I'm some sort of representative for the film community.

There are so many people on here doing their own thing at no profit and yet this guy gets paid for his first film project to make a terrible documentary. Sometimes I just get mad at the world.

milk.jpg

There's no point crying over this.

istockphoto_8343398-dirty-laundry.jpg

Best never to air this in public.

moving-on-21310096.jpg

We should all try and move on.

I wouldn't be so mad if they weren't making money from it. When I ignored a few comments he put:

Somehow assuming I'd be going to Sundance, or that I'm some sort of representative for the film community.

There are so many people on here doing their own thing at no profit and yet this guy gets paid for his first film project to make a terrible documentary. Sometimes I just get mad at the world.

Hmmm. S/he sounds petty and manipulative. Like Mr Clapper says, ignore and move on, it's not worth your effort, dude.

Long story short, a guy from here spent all his money on his first film project, cried for a bit, then took the idea that someone supplied them about how they got messed over, and then got banned for some reason. They've now apparently got a thing for sending me insults over YouTube despite him already saying I was one of the ones that supported him to some extent.

He really gives independent film makers a bad name. For those that saw the thread you know who I'm speaking about, for those that don't it just doesn't matter. I could post the messages, but I'm not that petty - unless you guys wanted me to post them. He's even pointed out that I'm a child (17) and is still just sending me hate messages.

Goddamn.

Anyone else have less than satisfying experiences talking to arrogant film makers?

Edit:
Just to clarify, I'm not calling all film makers arrogant, but just asking about experiences with film makers who happen to be very arrogant.
haha i know who your talking about :D

Edit:

I don't know who you are talking about, but I think all (hyperbole) filmmakers are arrogant bastards. I include myself in this group. Most of the time I can't stand filmmakers. And I ask myself all the time why I want to be associated with such a dastardly group. I just can't help myself I suppose:)

But like the clapper said. Just don't give a hoot. Make your own movies. All others will do is criticize. It's not worth much if you think about it. Just do your stuff and have fun.

If someone is smart, they act with some humility, and humanity.

Completely agree with this, if they're a good film maker, they usually won't have a bad thing to say about another. Yes they make critique their work more, but in a good way! You don't ever see Tarantino or any of the big named directors whaling on anyone else's work. So it'd be nice if we could have the same respect, but alas in the world of indiefilms (especially the ones on youtube), we have to expect that some people will be rude and hate on your work

I have none of my actual work on YouTube, I think the guy just recognized my avatar from here. Some people are weird like that.

I guess it does take some level of arrogance to be a good film maker - to have confidence in your own work. They'll probably never go through with their work if they think it's terrible, so they always have to get to a level where they think their own work is good, which I guess is arrogance.

Yea, that guy was a weirdo. I for one don't believe his story "as is". But hey, water under the bridge. I seriously think the guy has a few screws loose.

I would report him to YOUtube.

Or maybe I AM the most horrible person on the intrawebs?? :) IDK

Back