Best play ever?

Mmm, I don't know about that theory. Japan, China, Germany, the UK, and PLENTY of other countries are just as advanced as we are, technologically, but we're the only ones playing football (the real football ;)).

The way I understand, this is due to the US being such a young country. I can't speak for Japan and China, but for european countries. The sports were invented belore the industrial revolution soccer, rugby, then later on cricket. Here in the US, during the early part of the european history of this continent, folks were more worried about survival than playing games. It wasn't until the late 19th century that the US settled down enough to envent any games. That's when we get baseball, which is an adaptation of cricket, which is an industrial revolution game. Then later in the 19th we see rugby which quickly becomes an early form of American football. Even then, American football doesn't really take off until after WWII, when we are at our industrial peak. Again i'm paraphrasing, but that is the jist of it.

Back