Best play ever?

That's funny :) Back when I played PeeWee ball, we had a play where the center would snap the ball to the quarterback, and the quarter back would hand it back to the center(all of this happens between the center's legs). Then the quarter back would fake a play while the center would run up field.

Last edited:
Yeah, I love that play. Believe it or not, it's an old trick. Many youth football teams have done it. It's called the "wrong ball". The team gets in their formation, but acts as casual as possible. Coach yells at the quarterback, telling him, "Hey, that's the wrong ball". Center non-chalantly hands ball to quarterback, and everybody just stands their, pretending the ball isn't live. QB walks casually to the sideline, until he feels safe to run. This is the standard excecution:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkA3nxuMJoM

I think my favorite trick-play is the "barking dog":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OGdkoeqG0Q

That's funny :) Back when I played PeeWee ball, we had a play where the center would snap the ball to the quarterback, and the quarter back would hand it back to the center(all of this happens between the center's legs). Then the quarter back would fake a play while the center would run up field.

Even when you were a kid, that's totally illegal. The center is not eligible, and hasn't been for a long time. But I'm sure it was a lot of fun, so kudos for getting away with it!

Hahahaha, i hope you guys got a good laugh out of it. I love the moment when he bolts for it.

And thanks for the vids, CF. Those were funny. How pissed off do you think the other team is when they realize what just happened!

Hahahaha, i hope you guys got a good laugh out of it. I love the moment when he bolts for it.

And thanks for the vids, CF. Those were funny. How pissed off do you think the other team is when they realize what just happened!

Head coach of the opposing team should only be pissed off at himself. Besides not being aware of an old trick, they need to know the rules, and no matter what, in any situation, as soon as the ref blows the whistle (before anybody even lines up), the ball is live. Head coach needs to know the rules like the back of his hand, otherwise, he ain't doing his job.

Can you imagine how much fun it must be to run this play?

Even when you were a kid, that's totally illegal. The center is not eligible, and hasn't been for a long time. But I'm sure it was a lot of fun, so kudos for getting away with it!

Ironicaly, we were the Raiders. :) Just Win Baby!!! And we did 10-0 city champs!!!! AAAHHH! That was my first year in football. It totally ruined me for losing. When I entered middle school the team sucked. I really did not know how to handle losing. Total shell shock.:) But luckily(??) I learned a lot about it that year.:)

Although i don't know the rules of American Football, nor have i happened to watch one in its entirety- Don't abandon me IT crowd.

I'd have assumed- or atleast been a little suspicious-at the guy strolling past me, but i suspect part of its pedigree is the innocence of "The element of surprise".

If that happened in Football here, Soccer, my lord would there be an uproar. Creativity is frowned upon evidently.

Last edited:
In my opinion, this is the best trick-play ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6fMU1UCYKA

Boise St. pretty much defines the modern-day Cinderella story, and in this game, on a HUGE national stage, nobody even expected them to compete. The statue of liberty is a high-school play; nobody runs it in college. The HB who scores this game-winning PAT then proposed to his long-time girlfriend (a cheerleader) on the sidelines, with national-broadcast cameras running.

If that doesn't make a Boise St. fan out of you, I don't know what the fuck does.

This is a pretty good series:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSk91GLrLsw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNkES_Sadc0

A little more on that Boise St. win, plus the proposal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWu-CiutmWg

I am SO rooting for Boise St. to win the National Championship this year. They can actually do it.

Last edited:
Ive been looking for this one touchdown. They showed it on tv in a list of something like "the ten most impossible touchdowns." but the problem is i dont remember any of the teams or anything else about it. by the quality of the footage, it looked like the game was played around the 70's.

Basically, there were two secs left on the clock. The team was 60 yards or so from the end zone. They did 3 or four laterals and scored a touchdown with the last receiver having the ball teetering on his fingertips as he ran into the end zone and finally getting a grip on the ball. Anyone seen it?

On another note, who likes Any Given Sunday?

I like "On Any Given Sunday". It's not my favorite, but it's pretty cool.

Is this the one you're looking for?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KB9B2nbpGg

The greatest touchdown of all time, in my opinion, is this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8zZRBTOcnY

The play itself isn't so amazing, but the significance. Best game in college football history, in my opinion. This game was hyped all season long -- USC vs. Texas was all anybody would talk about, and it finally happened. And there weren't any Boise St.'s or Auburns who could make a legitimate argument that they should have been there. These were the two best teams, and the game lived up to the hype. I lost $300 on it!

I'm just glad there's finally somebody here who appreciates American football. It seems to be rather under-appreciated in filmmaking circles.

Lol, that wasnt the one i was looking for but damn that was nuts!

In my one there are less laterals but the amazing thing was the ball wasnt even in the guys hands, it was balancing on his fingertips as he running towards the end zone and at the same time trying to get the ball to fall back into his hands instead of out.

But yeah, the more strategy in a game, the more i appreciate it. Tbh, when i first lived in the US years ago, i didnt know all the nuances of the game, but the more i understood it, the more i liked it. Now everytime im away from the US, its one of the major things i miss abt it.
Im moving back inside of a couple of months and cant wait to watch the games.

Tbh, when i first lived in the US years ago, i didnt know all the nuances of the game, but the more i understood it, the more i liked it.

I think this is true for any sport, but especially American Football. First, the rule book is like a Tolstoy novel. Then there are so many different philosophies on how to play offense or defense. To me it really is an interesting game.

Think this guy could play today with the no helmet-to-helmet rules???
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxR9qYSHt8U

Also Urlacher could never be like him. No way, no how..

I think this is true for any sport, but especially American Football.

Yeah ur right. I failed to explain what i meant, though. I meant that i like a lot of strategy in sports. And at first i didnt see the amount of strategy involved until i went to the States. A lot of people around the world see football as little more than big guys butting heads together. Soccer/Football and Basketball are fine and ofcourse have a lot of strategy. But i like how you can take more time and stop and readjust after each play in football.

:)

Yeah ur right. I failed to explain what i meant, though. I meant that i like a lot of strategy in sports. And at first i didnt see the amount of strategy involved until i went to the States. A lot of people around the world see football as little more than big guys butting heads together. Soccer/Football and Basketball are fine and ofcourse have a lot of strategy. But i like how you can take more time and stop and readjust after each play in football.

:)

That is completely what I meant.:) That you reset after every play is what makes footbal unique. Soccer/Football, rugby, hockey, and basketball are much more fluid, and free flowing games. I've read that the changes in sports has to do with the industrial revolution. That the more specialized industry becomes so do the sports. We see the culmination(so far) in American Football in that the positions are highly specialized, players don't change position, and the game itself is highly regimented and segmented. Take a step back and you get baseball, cricket, basketbal. These games are more fluid, and at their inception, the positions were not highly specialized(though this is different today). And before all of these there was rugby, and the original football :) Very fluid contiuous games that far outdate the industrial revolution. That's one theory, you should check it out.

Mmm, I don't know about that theory. Japan, China, Germany, the UK, and PLENTY of other countries are just as advanced as we are, technologically, but we're the only ones playing football (the real football ;)).

But yeah, the fact that they stop and take a short break between plays allows for such an incredibly-higher amount of strategy. I hate to sound like a dick, but anyone who disagrees with this just doesn't get it. No sport compares, even slightly, in regards to complexity of strategy. It's like chess. Except with giants running into each other, at extreme velocity!

Mmm, I don't know about that theory. Japan, China, Germany, the UK, and PLENTY of other countries are just as advanced as we are, technologically, but we're the only ones playing football (the real football ;)).

ROFLCOPTERS.

(Not gonna lie, I thought this thread was going to be about the theatreā€¦)

Back