Best movie news I've heard in a while

It is very scary. The final 30 minutes are the most tense 30 minutes of film I think I've ever seen. "28 Weeks" is cool, but it pales in comparison to "28 Days", so I'm really happy that Boyle is re-taking his seat in the director's chair.

Well, if you're never going to see it, I'll ruin the ending for you. "28 Days Later" has real characters with genuine emotion, so when the shit is hitting the fan, we really care about what will happen to them; it's not like other horror movies where you don't care that everyone dies.

Anyway, our main hero is this dude, and he teams up with a father and his daughter, and a random hot-chick. The dad dies, and that scene is kinda rough. The two girls, plus this dude are taken in by a group of military survivalists -- a bunch of soldiers in a makeshift military compound.

Problem is -- these soldiers are all dudes, and they've been waiting for some girls to stop by. So, the soldiers take the girls captive, planning to rape them, and kick our hero out into the forest, with all of the zombies. So now our hero has to fight not just the zombies, but break back into the military compound to save the day. Holy shit, it is so tense. 30 minutes of non-stop horror. But it has a happy ending, yay!

Excellent! I liked Weeks but it wasn't a patch on the original. Great to see Boyle back in the driver's seat.

I know, right?

BTW, I was skeptical of "127 Hours", but all the buzz I've read about it is very positive, and it sounds like it's a shoe-in to be nominated for many awards.

I dunno, but eating a sandwhich, while cleaning a toilet, sounds rather pleasant, compared to what we can expect to see him do in this movie.

Back