Best Movie Car?

Cars in movies. A car can make or break a movie. Get the right car and it becomes iconic, the wrong a joke (I'm looking at XXX here).

Okay so reading a thread today inspired me to consider my top movie cars... so here's my top 5:

1. Mustang Fast Back - Bullitt
Not only my fav movie car but fav car of all time.

2. DB5 - Goldfinger
The sexiest Bond car ever in the best bond movie ever.

3. 1974 Dodge Monaco police cruiser - Blues Brothers
Comes with full tank a gas, hlaf a pack of cigartees, best rideen dark with Sunglassed!

4. DeLorean - Back To The Future
Crap car in terms of being a car but with it's gull wing doors and silver body it coulndt look any better.

5. General Lee - Dukes OF Hazard
Okay more for the TV show that the film

So over to you guys!

I consider the DB5 would be my choice.

However in my last film "World of Big Ideas" i was pulling wheel spins in a VW Beetle which i thought was quite a smart car!

Last edited:
Well its just my preference i always liked the VW.

Although the Herbie i think is more popular with the "lady drivers."

The car is my film ...To Skin a Cat was the '67 Cadillac that was used in To Wong Foo... That production added the leopard interior and the picture car comapny left it. It fits better in my film ;)

Attachments

• tsac.jpg
    tsac.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 99
The DB5 is sexy, so is the Delorean... but the Mustang's from both the original and remake of Gone in 60 Seconds always makes me cry. Beautiful cars, those mustangs.

Well, if you've read my posts, I am using a '55 chevy in my story. So I think the '55 from "American Graffiti" would be my favorite, It played another role in "Two Lane Blacktop" in primer with different wheels. Milner's yellow "32 Ford Hot Rod in "Graffiti" would be equally as famous and iconic. Martin Sheen drove a black flamed '34 Ford Coupe in "The California Kid" and the car bore the same name. Although this one was more famous as a magazine/show car.
I like the yellow Ford truck(a '68 or '69 model) Charles Bronson drove in "Mr. Majestyk". Great stunt work in this one. And Ford used clips from this film in an ad campaign during the mid-'70's to demonstrate how tough it's trucks were. The truck drove off into the sunset at the end of the film.
And last, who could forget those hot rod Fords Robert Mitchum drove in "Thunder Road"?

I would agree on the DeLorean.. That was a cool movie car, for sure.. But I think I like the (new) batmobile.. from Batman Returns more.. ;) That thing is wicked cool.

Oh Clive damn you. The Italian JOb Minis... damn they are the coolest movie cars, in probably one of the movies best ever chases (next to Mr McQueen and that Stang!).

Agreed. Both Italian Jobs were great. I think they did a bangup job on the remake. I have always been a Mini fan.
I guess everyone here is familiar with Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry. I think the yellow Charger was actually where they got the idea for the General Lee from. Plus being on the subject of 70's chase films, It wouldn't be right not to mention the white Challenger in Vanishing Point. And my all time favorite was "The Car".

I think it would be cool if Jason Statham would do another Transporter film using my favorite Euro sports car-The Audi TT Quattro coupe.

I was driving an Audi TT (convertable) yesterday.

Its an excellent car to drive especially when you have a beautiful blonde woman sat next to you, just like i did yesterday!!!

I actually tried one out and was going to buy it, but the salesman was rude to me when we were haggling over the price. Damn shame, that car can be addictive!

...especially when you have a beautiful blonde woman sat next to you, just like i did yesterday!!!

They make most things better though.. unless they're complaining or being otherwise annoying, but beautiful blonde women are fun. In a car related way, they tend to make any car look better, no?

Back