• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Batman inspired 5 minute short film, Wayne (2009)

Seriously really good. the Wayne character was acted with really well, just very believable. I wasn't completely sure who the other guy was his dad a doctor. But ye it was good. Also i kinda hope he isn't a super hero. Like he could be one of the guys in the new bat man that pretend to be him. Make it like an unofficial spin off. But ye was good and id watch, act in, anything else you make.

I don't think its that overrated. I think maybe the stories a little lacking, apart from that it accomplishes everything that he set out to do. And it looks fantastic. Good job.

Very good stuff. Kept me interested!
My only crit would be the ending (visually, not story wise), felt weaker compared to rest. Most of the scenes looked really good so I was expecting more epic shot at the end or maybe it just feels too digital the last shot.
Good job anyhow.

I have to disagree. I loved this shot. It was super comic book and super iconic. Very cool shot.

its good, and goes to show what great cinematography can do...

BUT,

your all over rating it...

sorry to be a buzz kill

I don't think so at all. It's a fantastic indie piece...hell...it's a fantastic piece of movie making at any caliber. I've seen a lot, acted in a lot, and helped create a lot of independent films...and WAYNE is on the top of the list of cool, well made, quality micro-budget films. I'm picky as hell...but this one...this one is a keeper.

I think it's the music that makes the ending a little less heroic because there is no build up
to help push it up.
But then again it gives a different feel to the movie.
In that case it has a melancholy feel to it at the end instead
of a rise of a hero feel.
I really really like it though. nice editing.

Hey guys,

It would be fun to do a web series, but I don't know how plausible it would be. When we shot this, we lived in Madison, WI and had a great location (The Orpheum Theatre). We now live in LA where, believe it or not, it is very very difficult to shoot anything on no budget, let alone find a place that will let you shoot interiors for free. I'm not saying it's out of the question, just that a web series might actually be more difficult to pull off than a feature.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

It would be fun to do a web series, but I don't know how plausible it would be. When we shot this, we lived in Madison, WI and had a great location (The Orpheum Theatre). We now live in LA where, believe it or not, it is very very difficult to shoot anything on no budget, let alone find a place that will let you shoot interiors for free. I'm not saying it's out of the question, just that a web series might actually be more difficult to pull off than a feature.

You're absolutely right...isn't that kind of back assward? You'd think LA would be easier to shoot in...but noooooo...union life ain't cheap, and it's a ripple effect we can all feel.

lol. Anyway. I...love...SAG...ummm...

It's funny, even here in Rhode Island we can feel the wrath of big industry productions...sometimes we'll go into a restaurant and want to rent it out for a Sunday morning or day and they'll say, 'What'll you guys pay? I mean, Brotherhood just shot here and they gave us 5K...what can you guys give us?' Pshhhh...we give them the finger and walk out. No but really...mostly we have great near-free locations here...but I can understand how business owners think the little guys can afford what the big dogs can chalk out. It's silly. Homey don't play that (I can't believe I just referenced the Waynes)...

Anyway. Moving to LA just upped your budgets my man...sorry to hear that. At least you'll have more actors and crew to use...and pay...:)

I'm inclined to agree you should have kept the fight out. It definately had a different atmosphere. I think it wouldn't have seemed as proffessional with it included. While it's great to see the full batman costume, I think it needed the mystery that the final cut had where you didn't see it in much detail.

This is definately the most unique take I've seen on the story of Batman. I hope you go further with it.

Here is a fight scene that was shot for Wayne, but was left out of the final cut.

The original location for the fight was a dark city alley way, but that fell through, so the fight never really achieved the intended feel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEob1u8eo70

Hmmm, ya.

I get a feeling of a different level of the professionalism in this fight scene...it just doesn't seem to be on the same level as the trailer. It's hard to put my finger on it...

Perhaps more time could have been taken with the fight choreography--I wasn't that impressed.

It just seemed like the production value wasn't as high with the fight scene. As you know I'm a huge supporter of the trailer...I loved it...but this fight scene seems forced, contrived, and rushed...

Good luck, and I can't wait to see more.

Back