series Asimov's Foundation series coming to Apple TV.

Cool. I did my 6th grade book report on the foundation. The entire classes eyes glazed over and no one understood and a single damn thing I was talking about. Except the teacher that gave me an A

apparently it was not an appropriate book for sixth graders.

Last edited:
Now that you've seen the series, as I have (I'm kind of an Asimov superfan), I'm curious about how you feel about what happened here.

This is a show I'd been looking forward to for over 20 years, and I watched it, and I feel like to some degree the greatest sci fi novel of all time kind of got partially paved over with trending politics.

I also think that considering the cerebral nature of the story, that it might have been an interesting idea to use a narrator. Overall, I felt like I was watching a very different story than what I remember reading.

What was your take on this rendition?

Cool. I did my 6th grade book report on the foundation. The entire classes eyes glazed over and no one understood and a single damn thing I was talking about. Except the teacher that gave me an A

apparently it was not an appropriate book for sixth graders.
That's cool, I also first read Foundation in 6th grade. I thought it was incredible. I think I read the entire trilogy in just a few days.

I was really amazed by the Mule plotline in Foundation and Empire.

@Nate North, I haven't watched the series, but I read a review saying the episodes were long drawn out, to fill the time. That would not be surprised me, because many producers have been trying, for decades, to fit the narrative into a TV series or film. If I was to try it, I would tell it from the point of view of R Daniel Olivaw, the Robot from Asimov's robot series who survived and, somehow, lived to watch the rise and fall of the Empre and then helped create the Foundation.

The original Foundation had a very fast moving plot, and was not very TV friendly, in terms of switching eras way too often for an audience to become attached to a particular lead (if I'm remembering correctly, it's been a while since I reread it).

Personally I think that Caves of Steel, Robots of Dawn, The Naked Sun. Those Daneel Olivaw novels might be a better fit for a TV rewrite. I would absolutely love to see those novels brought to the screen.

The original Foundation had a very fast moving plot, and was not very TV friendly, in terms of switching eras way too often for an audience to become attached to a particular lead (if I'm remembering correctly, it's been a while since I reread it).

Personally I think that Caves of Steel, Robots of Dawn, The Naked Sun. Those Daneel Olivaw novels might be a better fit for a TV rewrite. I would absolutely love to see those novels brought to the screen.
In that setting, the surroundings should be like Fritz Lang's Metropolis - at least, that's how I viewed it when I read those novels.

Back