Arlington: A Hillbilly Trilogy

ARLINGTON: A HILLBILLY TRILOGY written by JBR (it's nearly done!). I grew up in a disfunctional mountain community. Than the city took over and I moved further north. A black comedy! Truth, but trying to be kind to those I based my characters on. Hope it's the kind of story that cringes even Q.T.:director: :censored:

Sounds great. Are you raising financing to shoot it, or trying to sell the screenplay?

Writing since I was 10. 38 now!

I wanted to make it myself, no cash. My wife said just try to sell this one, instead of throwing it away like the others. I tend to burn or throw away my previous works because I hated all my one dimentional diologue. I believe things have changed. I may enter it into the IndieFest Chicago, at the last minute, with my wife's approval, ofcourse.

Last edited:
ARLINGTON: A Hillbillie Trilogoy

SYNOPSIS: Based on the lives of known resisdents of Arlington, which is 45 miles North of Seattle, Wa.; Basically centered around NOAH ARLINGTON, who's decended from a whole mess of ARLINGTONS that , many years ago, made pilgrimage from Greenland to Iceland to Ontario to Ohio to North Dakota to Arlington, Washington. Noah's A 35 year old long blond haired, pot head, who hasn't done much maturing since highschool - (embarrassing to his realtions). Spent his life since the age of twenty in the local family saw mill. He's surrounded by different friends and family members who's lives are amazingly odd. (his 3 best friends: A drunk, a queer, and a lesbian. They're just normal people livng life; nothing too VILE about their characters. And they all work at the mill, too.) Most city folk think that MOUNTAIN FOLK are prejeduce. NO!!!! The only thing that they hate is outsiders trying to change them. They don't mine the outsiders, so to speak. It's filled with plot points and shocking surprises. (This is my life: 60% true - 40% made up.) I've given sneak peeks to the fellows in my town; they're blushing.
:blush: For the most part, BIG BUSINESS comes in and buys the mill from the ARLINGTON local family. The LONG history of local, laid back life is disrupted by BIG BUSINESS!!!!!

Last edited:
Back