Anyone seen Spiderman?

Minority report - hated it. I know that isn't the vibe of this thread, but that's just my opinion. I don't watch a lot of superhero (or Hollywood, really) movies and was blown away by how bad the lead actor was - he couldn't say his lines half the time! I remember the scene where he asks Gwen Stacy out going something like this: do you wanna...or maybe...or we could, maybe... sounding like an idiot. That's blockbuster acting these days? Then when she's at the door in the rain, his line is saying 'I can't do this' five times.

Besides that dude, the writing was soooo pained in places. For example, 'the promise' concept is spelled out twice - like everyone in the audience is THAT stupid. The ending lasted for five minutes - funeral, scene at the door, school, him swinging...my friend and I couldn't wait to leave.

And the construction cranes! Are you joking? What a weak all-is-lost moment, having Spidey be too tired and injured to shoot his web? And then, instead of fleeing for their safety, the guys in the construction industry all hang back and swing cranes out so that he can get there easier? Ridiculous and cheesy.

In addition it was a little odd for them to issue a warning to most of Manhattan, but not Harlem (I believe?) - what was up with that?

Emma Stone is always stunning IMO though, so that part was cool haha. Otherwise I haven't seen that much money spent on what I think was a bad movie in a loooong time. BUT seeing as everyone else here at least doesn't hate it I guess Webb has the right stuff going on. Again, second opinion.

Last edited:
Yeah I agree certain things could have been better but if you are not over critical you can still enjoy the movie. I actually like the part where he was asking Gwen out. It was kinda a unique way of doing it. It was not him forgetting his lines he was instead letting her know he was interested in her and dating but not giving any specifics. I agree Emma Stone is stunning and a major reason for watching this film.

For me the major let down was when Parker was learning to swing he just used those chains to practice and with that skate boarding thing. I thought it was neat how they tied in skateboarding with it but at the same time I missed the scenes where spidy was swing on his web but made mistakes like in Spiderman 1 where he hits the wall or where he falls and hits the ground at times and misses things at times. In this new movie it seemed he was too good at swinging from the get go.

I thought Andrew did a good job acting not a bad one. He just has a different way of doing things then Tobey did. It is fine by me. It gives a different perspective of spiderman.

As a skateboarder, that sequence kind of bothered me because parts of it were impossible, parts were highly implausible and parts were really easy. It was like someone beating up gods and monsters and then third graders haha. I kind of wish they'd left it out.

And for Andrew's performance, I didn't say he forgot his lines. I've done enough acting to know improv when I see it, and I think he was just going for it for a lot of the movie. I didn't think it was bad acting, really. It was just my opinion that it wasn't appropriate for the movie. But that's arbitrary.

As a skateboarder, that sequence kind of bothered me because parts of it were impossible, parts were highly implausible and parts were really easy. It was like someone beating up gods and monsters and then third graders haha. I kind of wish they'd left it out.

And for Andrew's performance, I didn't say he forgot his lines. I've done enough acting to know improv when I see it, and I think he was just going for it for a lot of the movie. I didn't think it was bad acting, really. It was just my opinion that it wasn't appropriate for the movie. But that's arbitrary.

Ok I get you now. From your previous post you made it sound like he was a bad actor that is why I thought you thought that. See quote below.

was blown away by how bad the lead actor was - he couldn't say his lines half the time! I remember the scene where he asks Gwen Stacy out going something like this: do you wanna...or maybe...or we could, maybe... sounding like an idiot.

That seen where he's fumbling around trying to ask her out and she's nervously holding onto her books trying to wait for him is one of the best scenes in the movie! Haha, so real. I remember asking a girl to a dance for the first time at 13 and I'm pretty sure it went something like that. :)

That seen where he's fumbling around trying to ask her out and she's nervously holding onto her books trying to wait for him is one of the best scenes in the movie! Haha, so real. I remember asking a girl to a dance for the first time at 13 and I'm pretty sure it went something like that. :)

I hear you there. I just didn't think it was good acting. My opinion.

This new Spider-man I have to say is the best superhero movie made since Batman Begins. I don't know if it beats BB, but it's real close.

Last edited:
I haven't seen The Dark Knight Rises, yet but will as soon as I can get tickets and find someone else who wants to go, who hasn't seen it yet. Now that I think about it, perhaps the two Nolan films are slightly better, and this new Spider-man is third best in some ways. Definitely all in my top 3.

Back