• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Anybody want to work together on a script?

I struggle at the fine points of script writing. Okay fine, I struggle at all of the points of script writing. I was hoping that there was someone out there, or multiple people who would be interested in working on a script together. I have a pretty unique idea, which i'm going to write either way. However if you read it and think there might be something to it, then let's work together.

Here is the first five pages.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bcn8sp85heqx01q/The%20Truth%20About%20Heaven.pdf?dl=0

You have contradictions:

SHADE
How long is that going to take?

MELKISETEK
Long? There is no such thing. Time is merely a human invention, it is an illusion. Everything has already happened and is always happening. You just haven’t experienced it yet.

Then you have them experiencing time in the new world:

MELKISETEK
Our meeting was not by coincidence. Any longer and they would have consumed you.

SHADE
That doesn’t sound pleasant.

MELKISETEK
It would not have been. We will talk more later.

Mike, what is the goal of your screenplay and story?

Are you preaching the "truth"? Are you offering one of many possibilities?
I can't tell what the story is going to be from these pages but the title
suggests you have a strong point of view you want the audience to believe.

I like the opening. I hope you get to your "unique idea" soon.

Which means you'll have to change your title because you don't even know the truth. A title like that will disturb Christians and their believe, thus causing controversy.

Yeah, maybe I should change that title. I wanted to offer a sort of 4th dimension insight. What if right now there was an actual war going on that we couldn't see? It was occurring between Good and Evil (Angels and Demons). That maybe once we die, we are then not only made aware of that war, but immediately thrown into the midst of it?

I'm being sarcastic if you didn't catch that. Yes I know, everything has already been done, including pointing out to someone that their movie idea has been done before. My vision and story are considerably different from Constantine, so although they share a similar thread, they are very different. If I refused to work on a project because it's already been done in some capacity, then I would never work on anything.

This is not Constantine, the sarcasm, the wit, the whole general tone is worlds different. Additionally this one is set in the other world that you would only see glimpses of in Constantine. That being said, would it be all that terrible to have another movie similar to Constantine, personally I dug that film.

It really upsets me when anybody tries to stifle creativity by pointing out it's already been done. That type of thought process is discouraging to someone who has thin skin, and I really think we should support each other as a film making community.

It's also good to be aware of similar stories though. In music it happens a lot as well, you'll be wringing a song and someone will say "Hey that's _____." You may stick to your guns because you know it is different or you may change something minor, but it's just good to be aware so you are not surprised later when the critiques come rolling in.

Back