Another 48-Hour Film Festival come and going...

It's not really gone as the Premier hasn't taken place yet. Happens Thursday and I'll post a link to the work as soon as I'm allowed to. Just wanted to say that it was a great time although this year I had a bigger role and felt a little more stressed. And we had 15 on for crew and we definitely could have used about 5 more people. Good luck for anyone else who is going to do this, this year.

Speaking of the showing, if anyone is in the Madison area tonight around 6 o'clock we will, be screening at that time at the Orpheum theater. Feel free to stop by and watch the shorts. They're usually pretty great.

Ours is screening tonight (Thurs 22nd)--it's for the Providence one.

We have the very last short on the very last night. Hmmm...not sure how to take this...other than the committee knowing we usually have racy material.

Good luck to us all. When I am allowed to post the vid, I will.

I look forward to seeing it. And yours, M1chae1. I don't know about Providence, but in Richmond, the organizers seem like they try to end each festival on a strong note, so I'd take your screening-time as a positive sign.

I really wanna see Wheatgrinder's. If memory serves me correctly, his team hasn't had the crazy weekend yet.

Also -- envious of all of you. I really miss not being able to take part in it this year.

Nice work.

VO sounds awesome in the beginning.

All the dialogue was great - very clear.

Only beef I have is:

Balance between her gunshots and his yelling as he falls down,

I'd add verb on his finger snap,

Add a door slam and verb when she steps inside the warehouse to give a sense of big space,

Add verb to her own voice - there was none unless you want to contrast between the 2 voices,

Bring up the music for the credits - you know why?

BECAUSE PEOPLE WILL BE SCREAMING AND CLAPPING AND YOU WON'T HEAR IT!!!!!!

Great job.

The mom has nice legs, btw. :D

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. It was a great time. Thanks for the comments and feedback. I do wish we could have spent some more time for working on the audio but... you know 48 hours and all. Thanks again for watching.

That was cute. I didn't have audio at work...but I could still follow along for the most part and watched the whole thing.

Film de Femme eh? That's a fun one. You had a bit of post-apocalyptic in there, which I like. Our entry was Horror, and we went post-apocalyptic. Fun genre.

I'll watch it again when I get home.

Back