Amsterdam this Saturday?

Just booked a last minute work trip. I have a 12 hour layover in Amsterdam this Saturday! (Aug 11th) 9:00AM to 9:00PM. Any filmmakers want some help? Hang out, show me the city?

Also, open for recommendations on suggested sites and restaurant.

Just booked a last minute work trip. I have a 12 hour layover in Amsterdam this Saturday! (Aug 11th) 9:00AM to 9:00PM. Any filmmakers want some help? Hang out, show me the city?

Also, open for recommendations on suggested sites and restaurant.

DAAANG! I am moving to Amsterdam.. On the 14th...

I know I'm stating the obvious, but... coffee shop?

Coffee shops (since May 1st) can only sell to residents of the Netherlands who have registered for the so-called "Weed Pass". Foreigners are now out of luck. Well, in the cities that have been enforcing it, that is.

In other totally unrelated :rolleyes: news, there's been a huge spike in the illegal black market trade with all profits now going directly to violent gangs & cartels. 'Tards. :no:

Yes, I knew that. But how long would it take to make friends with someone at an actual coffee shop, and then you go to the "coffee" shop.

As I understand it, the law wasn't so much passed to curb the recreational activity of actual tourists, but to stop people from bordering nations from making big purchases and bringing it home.

I know a couple of people there. Incase you're interested, PM me your dates and ill ask them if theyre free and willing to show you around.

They're not filmmakers btw.

Yes, I knew that. But how long would it take to make friends with someone at an actual coffee shop, and then you go to the "coffee" shop.

As I understand it, the law wasn't so much passed to curb the recreational activity of actual tourists, but to stop people from bordering nations from making big purchases and bringing it home.

Yeah that.

I considered taking a day trip up there when I was in Dusseldorf, coincidentally in May. Between $250 Eurorail ticket and the change in the rules I skipped it. :D

Had a nice day in Amsterdam. Got some street footage for fun, gave me something to do. Weather was awsome, neat city. Found my self enveloped in certain pungent clouds when standing around in front of some cafes.. I wonder what it was? ;)

Had a nice day in Amsterdam. Got some street footage for fun, gave me something to do. Weather was awsome, neat city. Found my self enveloped in certain pungent clouds when standing around in front of some cafes.. I wonder what it was? ;)

Might 2nd-hand smoke explain a particular booking in a swanky/cheesy hotel? ;)

Somehow I missed this thread, but on the otherhand: I was quite busy in Rotterdam: one of best friends was having a bachelorparty.
It was a great day :)

Back